Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development 302 Redirects Issues Effected Google Search Console (GSC) Fixed - DBSEO Goto Rewrite Problems Solved Post 303041890 by Neo on Thursday 5th of December 2019 10:27:05 PM
Old 12-05-2019
Update:

Looks like the site continues to move up in SERP results with Google, staying around the same with Bing and currently down a bit with DuckDuck has the following current search position for the "unix" keywords:
  • Google (US): Between #7 and #9 (page 1) still moving up on page 1.
  • Bing (US): #1 - #2 (competing with Wikipedia for the #1 slot, alternating between 1 and 2.)
  • DuckDuckGo (US): Around #4 (has dropped a bit from before).

Traffic from search referrals continues to rise (not taking into consideration the US Thanksgiving holiday, of course).
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and goto next line then take the output

Hi All, I have a file in which the contents are as shown below: Number of Dynamic Addresses Allocated : 107790 Addresses: 10.3.29.202,10.47.1.145,10.2.4.98,190.1.89.95,.. (many ip addresses separated by comma) ----... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fixed length text file padding issues in AIX

Hi, I have a fixed length text file that needs to be cut into individual files in aix and facing padding issues. If I have multiple blank spaces in the file it is just making it one while cutting the files.. Eg:- $ - blank space filename:file.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] htaccess rewrite rule help!

hi there, I need that when user input mysite.com/ponuka/AAA2869 it shows mysite.com/ukaz.php?ponuka=AAA2869 because of facebook likes, and I found out that this is set up as rewrite rule in .htaccess file? how to achieve it? thank you... :confused: ---------- Post updated at 04:47... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Google Site Search in Search Drop Down Menu (Again)

Have just added (after missing for some time), the latest version of Google Site Search for our site in the Navbar Search Menu: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture791.png Cheers and Enjoy. Here is the URL for that link in case you need it: https://goo.gl/P8p82c (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Quick Fix for Google Search Console "Page is not mobile friendly"

Over the past 10 plus years, we have countless posts where the user did not use CODE tags or they used ICODE tags incorrectly. This has has the results of this site penalized by Google for having pages which are "not mobile friendly". So, working quietly in the background, in the thankless... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Google Search Console - Mobile Usability - No Errors or Issues - New Milestone

For the first time in the history of the site Google Search Console (GSC) has unix.com showing "no mobile viewability errors". This is no small achievement considering the hundreds of thousand of lines of legacy code we run at a site which has been around much longer than Facebook or LinkedIn: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search

Getting a bit more comfortable making quick YT videos in 4K, here is: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search Console https://youtu.be/I6b9T2qcqFo (0 Replies)
0 Replies
WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Wikipedia - Automated interface to the Wikipedia SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Wikipedia; my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## search for 'perl' my $result = $wiki->search( 'perl' ); ## if the entry has some text print it out if ( $result->text() ) { print $result->text(); } ## list any related items we can look up print join( " ", $result->related() ); DESCRIPTION
WWW::Wikipedia provides an automated interface to the Wikipedia <http://www.wikipedia.org>, which is a free, collaborative, online encyclopedia. This module allows you to search for a topic and return the resulting entry. It also gives you access to related topics which are also available via the Wikipedia for that entry. INSTALLATION
To install this module type the following: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install METHODS
new() The constructor. You can pass it a two letter language code, or nothing to let it default to 'en'. ## Default: English my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## use the French wiki instead my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'fr' ); WWW::Wikipedia is a subclass of LWP::UserAgent. If you would like to have more control over the user agent (control timeouts, proxies ...) you have full access. ## set HTTP request timeout my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); $wiki->timeout( 2 ); You can turn off the following of wikipedia redirect directives by passing a false value to "follow_redirects". language() This allows you to get and set the language you want to use. Two letter language codes should be used. The default is 'en'. my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'es' ); # Later on... $wiki->language( 'fr' ); follow_redirects() By default, wikipeda redirect directives are followed. Set this to false to turn that off. search() Which performs the search and returns a WWW::Wikipedia::Entry object which you can query further. See WWW::Wikipedia::Entry docs for more info. $entry = $wiki->search( 'Perl' ); print $entry->text(); If there's a problem connecting to Wikipedia, "undef" will be returned and the error message will be stored in "error()". random() This method fetches a random wikipedia page. error() This is a generic error accessor/mutator. You can retrieve any searching error messages here. TODO
o Clean up results. Strip HTML. o Watch the development of Special:Export XML formatting, eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/perl SEE ALSO
o LWP::UserAgent AUTHORS
Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003-2011 by Ed Summers This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-04-05 WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)