Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk to average matching lines in file Post 303041806 by cmccabe on Wednesday 4th of December 2019 08:12:37 AM
Old 12-04-2019
Thank you very much Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines matching value(s) in other file using awk

Hi, I have two comma separated files. I would like to see field 1 value of File1 exact match in field 2 of File2. If the value matches, then it should print matched lines from File2. I have achieved the results using cut, paste and egrep -f but I would like to use awk as it is efficient way and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines matching the Pattern and their previous lines in a file

Hi, I am trying to locate the occurences of certain pattern like 'Possible network disconnect' in a text file. I can get the actual lines matching the pttern using: grep -w 'Possible network disconnect' file_name. But I am more interested in getting the timing of these events which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print non matching lines based on column

My item was not answered on previous thread as code given did not work I wanted to print records from file2 where comparing column 1 and 16 for both files find rows where column 16 in file 1 does not match column 16 in file 2 Here was CODE give to issue ~/unix.com$ cat f1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file comparison, x lines after matching as output

Hello, I couldn't find anything on the Forum that would help me to solve this problem. Could any body help me process below data using awk? I have got two files: file1: Worker1: Thomas Position: Manager Department: Sales Salary: $5,000 Worker2: Jason Position: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerbee
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add lines of a file and average them

I'm reading in numbers from a file and trying to add them together. Here is the code so far. I know the 1+2+3.... part is wrong. The file has five numbers in it with each number on its own line. The numbers are decimals if that matters. Thanks. while read EachLine do echo $EachLine done <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxlVanDamme
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With AWK Matching and Re-printing Lines

Hi All, I'm looking to use AWK to pattern match lines in XML file - Example patten for below sample would be /^<apple>/ The sample I wrote out is very basic compared to what I am actually working with but it will get me started I would like to keep the matched line(s) unchanged but have them... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhoderidge
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - matching on 2 columns for differents lines

Given this file (I separated them in block to make my explanation clearer): 92157768877;Sof_deme_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 92157768877;Sof_trav_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 91231838895;Sof_deme_faible_Email_am;EMAIL;26/01/2015;1 0;0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andy_K
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine matching lines in file

I am trying to combine all matching lines in the tab-delimited using awk. The below runs but no output results. Thank you :). input chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 47433390 47433999 SYN1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to average field if matching string in another

In the awk below I am trying to get the average of the sum of $7 if the string in $4 matches in the line below it. The --- in the desired out is not needed, it is just to illustrate the calculation. The awk executes and produces the current out. I am not sure why the middle line is skipped and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)