Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk to average matching lines in file Post 303041806 by cmccabe on Wednesday 4th of December 2019 08:12:37 AM
Old 12-04-2019
Thank you very much Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines matching value(s) in other file using awk

Hi, I have two comma separated files. I would like to see field 1 value of File1 exact match in field 2 of File2. If the value matches, then it should print matched lines from File2. I have achieved the results using cut, paste and egrep -f but I would like to use awk as it is efficient way and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines matching the Pattern and their previous lines in a file

Hi, I am trying to locate the occurences of certain pattern like 'Possible network disconnect' in a text file. I can get the actual lines matching the pttern using: grep -w 'Possible network disconnect' file_name. But I am more interested in getting the timing of these events which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print non matching lines based on column

My item was not answered on previous thread as code given did not work I wanted to print records from file2 where comparing column 1 and 16 for both files find rows where column 16 in file 1 does not match column 16 in file 2 Here was CODE give to issue ~/unix.com$ cat f1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file comparison, x lines after matching as output

Hello, I couldn't find anything on the Forum that would help me to solve this problem. Could any body help me process below data using awk? I have got two files: file1: Worker1: Thomas Position: Manager Department: Sales Salary: $5,000 Worker2: Jason Position: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerbee
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add lines of a file and average them

I'm reading in numbers from a file and trying to add them together. Here is the code so far. I know the 1+2+3.... part is wrong. The file has five numbers in it with each number on its own line. The numbers are decimals if that matters. Thanks. while read EachLine do echo $EachLine done <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxlVanDamme
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With AWK Matching and Re-printing Lines

Hi All, I'm looking to use AWK to pattern match lines in XML file - Example patten for below sample would be /^<apple>/ The sample I wrote out is very basic compared to what I am actually working with but it will get me started I would like to keep the matched line(s) unchanged but have them... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhoderidge
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - matching on 2 columns for differents lines

Given this file (I separated them in block to make my explanation clearer): 92157768877;Sof_deme_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 92157768877;Sof_trav_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 91231838895;Sof_deme_faible_Email_am;EMAIL;26/01/2015;1 0;0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andy_K
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine matching lines in file

I am trying to combine all matching lines in the tab-delimited using awk. The below runs but no output results. Thank you :). input chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 47433390 47433999 SYN1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to average field if matching string in another

In the awk below I am trying to get the average of the sum of $7 if the string in $4 matches in the line below it. The --- in the desired out is not needed, it is just to illustrate the calculation. The awk executes and produces the current out. I am not sure why the middle line is skipped and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
AMPLOT(8)						  System Administration Commands						 AMPLOT(8)

NAME
amplot - visualize the behavior of Amanda SYNOPSIS
amplot [-b] [-c] [-e] [-g] [-l] [-p] [-t T] amdump_files DESCRIPTION
Amplot reads an amdump output file that Amanda generates each run (e.g. amdump.1) and translates the information into a picture format that may be used to determine how your installation is doing and if any parameters need to be changed. Amplot also prints out amdump lines that it either does not understand or knows to be warning or error lines and a summary of the start, end and total time for each backup image. Amplot is a shell script that executes an awk program (amplot.awk) to scan the amdump output file. It then executes a gnuplot program (amplot.g) to generate the graph. The awk program is written in an enhanced version of awk, such as GNU awk (gawk(1) version 2.15 or later) or nawk(1). During execution, amplot generates a few temporary files that gnuplot uses. These files are deleted at the end of execution. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-b Generate b/w postscript file (need -p). -c Compress amdump_files after plotting. -e Extend the X (time) axis if needed. -g Direct gnuplot output directly to the X11 display (default). -p Direct postscript output to file YYYYMMDD.ps (opposite of -g). -l Generate landscape oriented output (needs -p). -t T Set the right edge of the plot to be T hours. The amdump_files may be in various compressed formats (compress, gzip, pact, compact). INTERPRETATION
The figure is divided into a number of regions. There are titles on the top that show important statistical information about the configuration and from this execution of amdump. In the figure, the X axis is time, with 0 being the moment amdump was started. The Y axis is divided into 5 regions: QUEUES: How many backups have not been started, how many are waiting on space in the holding disk and how many have been transferred successfully to tape. %BANDWIDTH: Percentage of allowed network bandwidth in use. HOLDING DISK: The higher line depicts space allocated on the holding disk to backups in progress and completed backups waiting to be written to tape. The lower line depicts the fraction of the holding disk containing completed backups waiting to be written to tape including the file currently being written to tape. The scale is percentage of the holding disk. TAPE: Tape drive usage. %DUMPERS: Percentage of active dumpers. The idle period at the left of the graph is time amdump is asking the machines how much data they are going to dump. This process can take a while if hosts are down or it takes them a long time to generate estimates. BUGS
Reports lines it does not recognize, mainly error cases but some are legitimate lines the program needs to be taught about. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), gnuplot(1), compress(1), gzip(1) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@tis.com> Trusted Information Systems Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMPLOT(8)