Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Bash selection of files with similar name Post 303041708 by ALou on Monday 2nd of December 2019 09:36:07 AM
Old 12-02-2019
Thank you very much for the help.
I am sorry about missing out on the rules of posting. I just focused on the "no smoking"one!!! Smilie
I am missing out on a lot!!!!! I have found a few but do you have any recommendation on a website that can take me step by step on programming on unix?

Thanks once again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

selection of files based on its types

Daily we are getting some datafiles to our unix server location FTPIN. Incoming File names will be present in the location "/xyz/test/" as below: "infile_A1_YYYYMMDD", "infile_A2_YYYYMMDD", "infile_B1_YYYYMMDD", "infile_C1_YYYYMMDD" "infile_C2_YYYYMMDD" Where A, B and C are the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

selection of context in files

I have a file like this QUEUE: <ITEM(69)> "/NLA///ACHO_EQU_IDX" Q_KEY: <ITEM(69)> "/NLA///ACHO_EQU_IDX" Q_TYPE: <VSTR(32)> "GEN_VSTR_INDEX" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paging/Scrolling a List of files for selection

Hi All, I have the following script and would like to add page up and down functionality to be able to stroll through the list. Is this possible? If so, Any pointers to examples, info, tips, suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, Any suggestion for better practices on the following code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the similar files

I got many pair files, which only have small difference, such as more space, or more empty line, and some unreadable characters. If list by commend "diff", I can see many many difference. So I'd like to write a script to compare the pair files, if 95% contents are same, I will think they are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two files with two columns being similar

Hi everyone. How can I merge two files, where each file has 2 columns and the first columns in both files are similar? I want all in a file of 4 columns; join command removes the duplicate columns. 1 Dave 2 Mark 3 Paul 1 Apple 2 Orange 3 Grapes to get it like this in the 3rd file:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking to find files that are similar.

Hello all, I have a server that is running AIX, running a tool that converts various printstreams (AFP/Metadata) to PDF. This is done using a rexx script and an off the shelf utility. Each report (there's around 125) uses a certain script file, it's basically a text file. I am trying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding similar strings between two files

Hi, I have a file1 like this: ABAT ABCA1 ABCC1 ABCC5 ABCC8 ABCE1 ABHD2 ABL1 CAMTA1 ACBD3 ACCN1 And I have a second file like this: chr19 46118590 46119564 MACS_peak_1499 3100.00 chr19 46122009 46148405 CYP2B7P1 -2445 chr1 7430312 7430990... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yes or No selection within bash function

I need to add a selection within the bash function below and am having some trouble doing so. phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting Phox2B analysis : "; read id printf "Is this an intronic variant? Y/N "; read match_choice case... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/shell merge similar lines

Hello, I've been working on a bash script to parse through firewall logs (cisco). I'm nearing the end and have a dilemma. My data looks as such (actual data is several gigs worth of logs - without the headers): sourceIP destinationIP destinationProtocol destinationPort 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Getting similar lines in two files

Hi, I need to compare the /etc/passwd files from 2 servers, and extract the users that are similar in these two files. I sorted the 2 files based on the user IDs (UID) (3rd column). I first sorted the files using the username (1st column), however when I use comm to compare the files there is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
fwb_ipt(1)							 Firewall Builder							fwb_ipt(1)

NAME
fwb_ipt - Policy compiler for iptables SYNOPSIS
fwb_ipt -fdata_file.xml [-4] [-6] [-V] [-dwdir] [-i] [-ooutput.fw] [-Ofw1_id,fw1_output.fw[,fw2_id,fw2_output.fw]] [-v] [-xc] [-xnN] [-xpN] [-xt] object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_ipt is a firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates resultant iptables script. The script is written to the file with the name the same as the name of the firewall object, plus extension ".fw". The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-4 Generate iptables script for IPv4 part of the policy. If any rules of the firewall refer to IPv6 addresses, compiler will skip these rules. Options "-4" and "-6" are exclusive. If neither option is used, compiler tries to generate both parts of the script, although generation of the IPv6 part is controlled by the option "Enable IPv6 support" in the "IPv6" tab of the firewall object advanced settings dialog. This option is off by default. -6 Generate iptables script for IPv6 part of the policy. If any rules of the firewall refer to IPv6 addresses, compiler will skip these rules. -f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -o output.fw Specify output file name -O fw1_id,fw1_output.fw[,fw2_id,fw2_output.fw] The argument is a comma separated list of firewall object IDs and corresponding output file names. This option is used by fwbuilder GUI while compiling firewall clusters. -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates file with iptables script in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then ipta- bles script will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name -xc When output file name is determined automatically (i.e. flags -o or -O are not present), the file name is composed of the cluster name and member firewall name rather than just member firewall name. This is used mostly for testing when the same member firewall object can be a part of different clusters with different configurations. -xt This flag makes compiler treat all fatal errors as warnings and continue processing rules. Generated configuration script most likely will be incorrect but will include error message as a comment; this flag is used for testing and debugging. -xp N Debugging flag: this causes compiler to print detailed description of the policy rule number "N" as it precesses it, step by step. -xn N Debugging flag: this causes compiler to print detailed description of the NAT rule number "N" as it precesses it, step by step. URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_ipf(1), fwb_pf(1) FWB
fwb_ipt(1)