Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Awk/bash one liner replacement for a if condition Post 303041703 by RudiC on Monday 2nd of December 2019 09:21:28 AM
Old 12-02-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrld
Awesome and super quick! Smilie

I just made a small adjustment for better look. Please correct me if I am wrong :

Code:
awk '/pattern/ {T[$2]++}; END {for (t in T) if (T[t] > 1){print "Second column is not matching"}}' file[12]

Fine if that suits you. I was thinking you might want to perform further shell commands in the ifbranch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrld
I am extremely sorry! I think I was late to note that I wanted reverse of what this code is doing now;

Code:
if awk '/pattern/ {T[$2]++}; END {for (t in T) if (T[t] > 1) exit 1}' file[12]
  then echo "Second column is not matching"
fi

At present it is printing when columns are matching, I needed when columns are NOT matching.

Well, try if ! awk..., then. Or use the else branch...
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad day !! test condition failed --need a one liner to do --help

Hi all this is simple but bad day for me nothing work out .. Problem is that I wan to check the argument passed to my script and accordignly exit or setup ENV variable I have a script name src_cpcp_preproc.sh i want to pass 2 argumet from command line argumet and check it in the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/Sed One liner for text replacement

Hi group, I want to replace the occurance of a particular text in a paragraph.I tried with Sed,but Sed only displays the result on the screen.How can i update the changes in the original file??? The solution should be a one liner using awk and sed. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishnu.bhatta
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash one liner to CSH

Hello all, I have a Bash command I'm using on one system that replaces text in filenames, I'ts not working on another system that uses the Csh shell. Can anyone tell me what I need to do when i run for f in *;do mv $f ${f/text1/text2};done on the CSH shell i get ""Missing }."" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike171562
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash replacement to getchar

There's a replacement in bash for getchar or get functions of C and C++?Those functions read the next char avaliable in the input stream. I've tried something like: OLD_STTY=`stty -g` stty cbreak -echo look=`dd if=/dev/tty bs=1 count=1 2>/dev/null` stty $OLD_STTY But it is not working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asafe
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk one liner

I need a one liner to" find /pattern/ print from x lines before "pattern" to y lines after "pattern" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash string replacement - how to use regex?

Hello I have a bash script where I need to do a substring replacement like this: variable2=${variable1/foo/bar} However, I only want "foo" replaced if it is at the end of the line. However, this does not work: variable2=${variable1/foo$/bar} as you can see I'm using the $ regex for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ubuntu-UK
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Programming

Resample time series data with replacement any way to do this in awk or just bash script

I have some time series data that I need to resample or downsample at some specific time intervals. The firs column is time in decimal hours. I am tryiong to resample this data every 3 minutse. So I need a data value ever 0.05. Here is the example data and as you can see, there time slot for 0.1500... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl one liner in bash script not replacing hours and minutes [HH:MM]

Hi I want to replace time stamp in the following line PROCNAME.Merge.exchMon.CODE.T_QSTART 08:45 read assuming the new time stamp is 09:45 ; the line is getting replaced as below :45 read I'm trying to use the perl one liner in bash script perl -pi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie87
4 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD