Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with moving list of data to 2nd column of HTML file Post 303041673 by veereshshenoy on Monday 2nd of December 2019 05:41:34 AM
Old 12-02-2019
Okay

Hi Ravindra,

I have a df -h output something like this.
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 960M 0 960M 0% /dev
tmpfs 197M 1.8M 195M 1% /run
/dev/sda1 20G 7.6G 11G 41% /

I want that memory percent use of tmpfs system to be printed in the 2nd column of HTML file.

I am a begineer so I tried writing with awk and it was bit complex to take the particular data.

Can you help me with this

Thanks,
Veeresh Shenoy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep data on 2nd line and 3rd column

How do I grep/check the on-hand value on the second line of show_prod script below? In this case it's a "3". So if it's > 0, then run_this, otherwise, quit. > ./show_prod Product Status Onhand Price shoe OK 3 1.1 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker_789us
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving data from a specified column/row to another column/row

Hello, I have an input file like the following: 11_3_4 2_1_35 3_15__ _16989 Where '_' is a space. The data is in a table. Is there a way for the program to prompt the user for x1,y1 and x2,y2, where x1,y1 is the desired number (for example x=6 y=4 is a value of 4) and move to a desired spot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing column of two different files and print the column from in order of 2nd file

Hi friends, My file is like: Second file is : I need to print the rows present in file one, but in order present in second file....I used while read gh;do awk ' $1=="' $gh'" {print >> FILENAME"output"} ' cat listoffirstfile done < secondfile but the output I am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a column across a delimited data file

Hi, I am trying to move a column from one position to another position in a delimited file. The positions are dynamic in nature and are available by environmental variables. Also the file can have n number of columns. Example: Initial Column Position=1 Final Column Position=3 Delimiter='|' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayan153
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data file moving

Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” which contains 100 lines. I need to move 1st 25 line into another file “Text2.txt” How we can do it? Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” in which city: Bangalore is repeating N times. I need to replace Bangalore with Delhi. How we can do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh1412
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List 2nd column entry from a command

How can i retrieve 2nd column only from output of "ls - l " as my output. pls help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space moving to next column (awk HTML)

Hi I have create a report and have converted the text output to HTML but in the output there is a sentence "The transaction was aborted by the user.", the spaces between this sentence is considered as separate column. How can I overcome the same? I am providing my code, text output and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dumpi16
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare 1st column from 2 file and if match print line from 1st file and append column 7 from 2nd

hi I have 2 file with more than 10 columns for both 1st file apple,0,0,0...... orange,1,2,3..... mango,2,4,5..... 2nd file apple,2,3,4,5,6,7... orange,2,3,4,5,6,8... watermerlon,2,3,4,5,6,abc... mango,5,6,7,4,6,def.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tententen
1 Replies
HOBBIT-STATUSREPORT.CGI(1)				      General Commands Manual					HOBBIT-STATUSREPORT.CGI(1)

NAME
hobbit-statusreport.cgi - CGI program to report a status for a group of servers SYNOPSIS
hobbit-statusreport.cgi --column=COLUMNNAME [options] DESCRIPTION
hobbit-statusreport.cgi is a CGI tool to generate a simple HTML report showing the current status of a single column for a group of Xymon hosts. E.g. You can use this report to get an overview of all of the SSL certificates that are about to expire. The generated webpage is a simple HTML table, suitable for copying into other documents or e-mail. hobbit-statusreport.cgi runs as a CGI program, invoked by your webserver. It is normally run via a wrapper shell-script in the CGI direc- tory for Xymon. EXAMPLES
The Xymon installation includes two web report scripts using this CGI tool: The hobbit-certreport.sh script generates a list of SSL server certificates that are yellow or red (i.e. they will expire soon); and the hobbit-nongreen.sh script generates a report of all statuses that are currently non-green. These can be accessed from a web browser through a URL referencing the script in the Xymon CGI directory (e.g. "/xymon-cgi/xymon-nongreen.sh"). OPTIONS
--column=COLUMNNAME Report the status of the COLUMNNAME column. --all Report the status for all hosts known to Xymon. By default, this tool reports only on the hosts found on the current page from where the CGI was invoked (by looking at the "pagepath" cookie). --filter=CRITERIA Only report on statuses that match the CRITERIA setting. See the bb(1) man-page - in the "hobbitdboard" command description - for details about specifying filters. --heading=HTML Defines the webpage heading - i.e. the "title" tag in the generated HTML code. --show-column Include the column name in the display. --show-colors Show the status color on the generated webpage. The default is to not show the status color. --no-colors Do not include text showing the current color of each status in the report. This is the default. --show-summary Show only a summary of the important lines in the status message. By default, the entire status message appears in the generated HTML code. This option causes the first non-blank line of the status message to be shown, and also any lines beginning with "&COLOR" which is used by many status messages to point out lines of interest (non-green lines only, though). --show-message Show the entire message on the webpage. This is the default. --link Include HTML links to the host "info" page, and the status page. --embedded Only generate the HTML table, not a full webpage. This can be used to embed the status report into an external webpage. --env=FILENAME Load the environment from FILENAME before executing the CGI. --area=NAME Load environment variables for a specific area. NB: if used, this option must appear before any --env=FILENAME option. SEE ALSO
xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBIT-STATUSREPORT.CGI(1)