Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to figure out a if insensitive file path exists or not? Post 303041645 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 30th of November 2019 12:21:44 PM
Old 11-30-2019
Instead of
Code:
hostname

you could try:
Code:
hostname|tr '[[:upper:]]' '[[:lower:]]'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if all directories of file's path exists?

I wonder if the script below is possible to write somehow more efficiently. It seems to me the problem is very common.. CreateFolders() # parameter: name of file with relative path with regard to directory $project_root { echo $1 | awk '{ n=split($1, array, "/"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

color a figure in text file

Good morning, Can someone help to color a figure in columns if its exceeding a threshold using shell script . ex. I have file contains 5 columns showing a value in % I need to show the value in red if it exceed 90 % Appreciate your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
3 Replies

3. Programming

C - How to sheck if a path exists?

How do i check if a path exists in C? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case insensitive file name search and replace

I am trying to find case insensitive file names and then replace that particular file with other name. if then ls | grep -i "update" | xargs -I {} mv {} LineItems.csv echo "File moved from *update*" elif then ls | grep -i "priority" | xargs -I {} mv {} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ATWC
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

8. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
lldptool(8)							       Linux							       lldptool(8)

NAME
APP - Show / manipulate APP TLV configuration SYNOPSIS
lldptool -t -i ethx -V APP [-c app] lldptool -T -i ethx -V APP [-d] app=prio,sel,pid DESCRIPTION
The APP TLV is an informational TLV and will advertise the current configured application table. If the peer APP TLV and a local APP TLV match the same selector and protocol field the local parameter is used. ARGUMENTS
app Configures a local application data field using the three parameters: priority (prio), selector (sel), and protocol (pid). The -d option can be provided to remove an entry which matches the three parameters. Theory of Operations The APP TLV is an informational TLV for most end stations. It is not expected that setting APP data should be required. Peer data will be processed and added to the application data table by default assuming there does not already exist a local entry with matching selector and priority fields. By adding APP data to the application table it is available for applications, eg iscsid, to query. Applications query for a specific proto- col and selector and may use this data to map traffic to the corresponding traffic class. EXAMPLE &; USAGE Configure ISCSI application for priority 4 on eth2 lldptool -T -i eth2 -V APP app=4,2,3260 Configure FCoE application for priority 3 on eth2 lldptool -T -i eth2 -V APP app=3,1,35078 Remove FCoE application for priority 3 on eth2 lldptool -T -i eth2 -V APP -d app=3,1,35078 Display locally configured application table on eth2 lldptool -t -i eth2 -V APP -c app Display last transmitted APP TLV on eth2 lldptool -t -i eth2 -V APP SOURCE
o IEEE 802.1Qaz (http://www.ieee802.org/1/pages/dcbridges.html) SEE ALSO
lldptool(8), lldpad(8) AUTHOR
John Fastabend open-lldp February 2010 lldptool(8)