Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to figure out a if insensitive file path exists or not? Post 303041643 by mohtashims on Saturday 30th of November 2019 11:58:43 AM
Old 11-30-2019
How to figure out a if insensitive file path exists or not?

I use the below command with echo $? to determine if a file path exists.
Code:
ls  /app/weblogic/myserver4/logs/`hostname`/data/proc.pid

Output:
Code:
 /app/weblogic/myserver4/logs/myhostseven/data/proc.pid

The problem is that I have both AIX and Linux systems.

On some servers hostname is either Uppercase or Lowercase.

Thus, I need a posix solution that works on AiX and non-AiX L/Unix based system where i should be able to determine if the file exists irrespective of whether than server has hostname in UPPER or lower case.

A different approach / solution will also be appreciated.

Last edited by vbe; 11-30-2019 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: code tags please

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if all directories of file's path exists?

I wonder if the script below is possible to write somehow more efficiently. It seems to me the problem is very common.. CreateFolders() # parameter: name of file with relative path with regard to directory $project_root { echo $1 | awk '{ n=split($1, array, "/"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

color a figure in text file

Good morning, Can someone help to color a figure in columns if its exceeding a threshold using shell script . ex. I have file contains 5 columns showing a value in % I need to show the value in red if it exceed 90 % Appreciate your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
3 Replies

3. Programming

C - How to sheck if a path exists?

How do i check if a path exists in C? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case insensitive file name search and replace

I am trying to find case insensitive file names and then replace that particular file with other name. if then ls | grep -i "update" | xargs -I {} mv {} LineItems.csv echo "File moved from *update*" elif then ls | grep -i "priority" | xargs -I {} mv {} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ATWC
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

8. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
NET-SERVER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     NET-SERVER(1)

NAME
net-server - Base Net::Server starting module SYNOPSIS
net-server [base type] [net server arguments] net-server PreFork ipv '*' net-server HTTP net-server HTTP app foo.cgi net-server HTTP app foo.cgi app /=bar.cgi net-server HTTP port 8080 port 8443/ssl ipv '*' server_type PreFork --SSL_key_file=my.key --SSL_cert_file=my.crt access_log_file STDERR DESCRIPTION
The net-server program gives a simple way to test out code and try port connection parameters. Though the running server can be robust enough for full tim use, it is anticipated that this binary will just be used for basic testing of net-server ports, acting as a simple echo server, or for running development scripts as CGI. OPTIONS
"base type" The very first argument may be a Net::Server flavor. This is given as shorthand for writing out server_type "ServerFlavor". Additionally, this allows types such as HTTP and PSGI, which are not true Net::Server base types, to subclass other server types via an additional server_type argument. net-server PreFork net-server HTTP # becomes a HTTP server in the Fork flavor net-server HTTP server_type PreFork # preforking HTTP server "port" Port to bind upon. Default is 80 if running a HTTP server as root, 8080 if running a HTTP server as non-root, or 20203 otherwise. Multiple value can be given for binding to multiple ports. All of the methods for specifying port attributes enumerated in Net::Server and Net::Server::Proto are available here. net-server port 20201 net-server port 20202 net-server port 20203/IPv6 "host" Host to bind to. Default is *. Will bind to an IPv4 socket if an IPv4 address is given. Will bind to an IPv6 socket if an IPv6 address is given (requires installation of IO::Socket::INET6). If a hostname is given and "ipv" is still set to 4, an IPv4 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to 6, an IPv6 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to * (default), a lookup will be performed and any available IPv4 or IPv6 addresses will be bound. The "ipv" parameter can be set directly, or passed along in the port, or additionally can be passed as part of the hostname. net-server host localhost net-server host localhost/IPv4 There are many more options available. Please see the Net::Server documentation. AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul at seamons.com> LICENSE
This package may be distributed under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Perl Artistic License perl v5.18.2 2012-06-12 NET-SERVER(1)