Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Convert String to an Array using shell scripting in JSON file. Post 303041603 by vinshas1 on Thursday 28th of November 2019 11:58:18 PM
Old 11-29-2019
Thats Great!! I really appreciate it. Thank you so much.. you made my day as I was struggling from quite few days.

This piece of code didn't work for me. Anyways this is not required in my case I believe. --- Firstly if the JSON structure contains array of objects decend() stops drilling down at the array.
Code:
def decend(p;f):
  . as $in
  | if type == "object" then
    reduce keys_unsorted[] as $key
( {}; . + { ($key) : ($in[$key] | decend($in;f)) } ) | f
elif type == "array" then map( decend($in;f) ) | f
elif (p | type) == "array" then .
else f
end;

This piece of code, I mean the Regex is working --- Second the IP address RE is inaccurate and and gets false positives eg 999.999.999.999.
Code:
decend(.;
   if type == "string" and
       test(
           "^(" +
           "(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)" +
           "\\.){3}" +
           "(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)" +
           "$")
   then [ . ] else . end)

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Use code tags as per our rules please.

Last edited by Peasant; 11-29-2019 at 02:11 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Rename/Convert Files in Shell Scripting?

Hi All, I want to Rename/Convert all the .doc files in to .pdf format. I am using the following Script. But the final output is not proper. ########################################## cd /u13/prepaid/ftpdata/INfiles/sap/ for name in `ls *.doc` do name1=`echo $name | sed -e... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert array into the string

Hi I have a line/string as follows: A=" 3498 NORDEA - INDX LINKED NORY" which was converted into an array of characters: p321$ echo "${ARR}" 3 4 9 8 N O R D E A - I N D X L I N K E D N O R Y When I am trying print this array there are blank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

array + if in linux shell scripting

Hi, I am having two set of files with different number of columns and rows. A set of files have only single row with 20 columns. B set of files have 1000s of rows with 5 columns. both set contains equal number of files. I want to save all the 20 columns of A in variables one by one and... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string into integer in shell scripting?

Hi All, sessionid_remote=$(echo "select odb_sessionid from sysopendb where odb_dbname='syscdr';" | sudo -u cucluster ssh ucbu-aricent-vm93 "source /opt/cisco/connection/lib/connection.profile; $INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess sysmaster@ciscounity") for sid in $sessionid_remote;do if * ]];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptis
2 Replies

5. Programming

Perl array / json

Hi All I have used the below code to print the dumper of a json #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::Simple; use JSON qw( decode_json ); use Data::Dumper; use strict; use warnings; my (%list); my $trendsurl =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX or Perl script to convert JSON to CSV

Is there a Unix or Perl script that converts JSON files to CSV or tab delimited format? We are running AIX 6.1. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warpmail
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert json to xml

Hello everyone, I have created a workflow that will pull down data via a RESTful API in JSON, then my code parses and modifies said data. The problem I have is that these APIs I am working with only accept XML to PUT/POST data, and I am looking for an easy way to convert my JSON file to XML. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaphod_B
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array size in C shell scripting

Hi, I would like to know how to define the size of the array in c shell scripting. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopishrine
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert any shell command output to JSON format?

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting, Need your help in creating a shell script which converts any unix command output to JSON format output. example: sample df -h command ouput : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8.1G 4.0G 4.0G 50% /... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
13 Replies
MooseX::Storage::Format::JSON(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  MooseX::Storage::Format::JSON(3)

NAME
MooseX::Storage::Format::JSON - A JSON serialization role SYNOPSIS
package Point; use Moose; use MooseX::Storage; with Storage('format' => 'JSON'); has 'x' => (is => 'rw', isa => 'Int'); has 'y' => (is => 'rw', isa => 'Int'); 1; my $p = Point->new(x => 10, y => 10); ## methods to freeze/thaw into ## a specified serialization format ## (in this case JSON) # pack the class into a JSON string $p->freeze(); # { "__CLASS__" : "Point", "x" : 10, "y" : 10 } # unpack the JSON string into a class my $p2 = Point->thaw('{ "__CLASS__" : "Point", "x" : 10, "y" : 10 }'); METHODS
freeze thaw ($json) Introspection meta BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Chris Prather <chris.prather@iinteractive.com> Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> Yuval Kogman <yuval.kogman@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2008 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-28 MooseX::Storage::Format::JSON(3)