Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send SMS to mobile
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Send SMS to mobile Post 303041552 by jgt on Wednesday 27th of November 2019 07:30:46 PM
Old 11-27-2019
You don't need an SMS gateway, if you know the carrier that the cell phone number is attached to. for example:
Code:
number=cell_phone_number
carrier="msg.telus.com"
mail -s "subject" $number@$carrier" <email.message"

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can anyone send sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Send SMS from PC to mobile phones

Hi All, Can any expert provide me a guide on how i can send SMS from pc to mobile phone using VBA or some other language ? I am a newbie in networking. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which will run every 10minutes and Send SMS to mobile

Hello Genuis guys, I am running Aix5 and Oracle 9 on it. I have sql query which only count a particular rows. I need to prepare a script which will run that sql query every 10 minutes and if the ouput count is greate than 20. It will send SMS to mobile numbers. Need your kind help to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send SMS

Hey guys I was wondering how to go about creating a bash script to send SMS..any ideas are appreciated.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzeus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to set up UNIX script to send sms on mobile

Hi All, Can anyone please help in setting up Unix script for sending text messages on mobile?? Actually scenario is we want notification when there is any failures in our processes or if any service goes down we must be notified by a text message on our mobile, we already have email... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NikhilM
3 Replies

6. AIX

send SMS via curl

I need from aix to send an SMS, you know if the command curl serves me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies
ccr(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    ccr(8)

Name
       ccr - remote console carrier requester

Syntax
       ccr [ options ] node

Description
       The  command  establishes  a logical connection between your ULTRIX system and the console carrier server on a remote system.  enables your
       terminal to act as the console for a remote unattended system.  For example, your terminal can act as the console for  a  Digital  Ethernet
       Communications Server (DECSA) and its resident software.  The node is the name or address of the target node.  A node name consists of from
       one to six alphanumeric characters.  A node address consist of two decimal integers (n.n), where the first  indicates  the  network  number
       (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

You  can  use  to  force  a  crash if a server node becomes unresponsive.  To determine how to force a crash, see the documentation for the
       respective server product.

The requirements for using are as follows:

o   The host node (that is, your local ULTRIX node) and the remote node must be on the same Ethernet.

o   If your server product is a DECSA, the console carrier server image (plutocc.sys) and its loader file (plutowl.sys) must be located	in
	   on  your  ULTRIX node. The pluocc.sys and plutowl.sys files are not need, nor is any loading done for other servers.  For more details,
	   see the installation guide for the particular server product.

<CTRL/D> exits from console carrier mode and terminates

Options
       -c   Uses the specified circuit to connect to the target node.

-h   Uses the specified address (next argument) as the Ethernet address of the target node.

-n   Uses the next argument as the target node ID.

-p   Uses the specified service password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.

Examples
       # /etc/ccr -c qna-0 -n dallas <RET>
       ccr: Remote console reserved
       <CTRL/D>
       ccr: Remote console released
       #

Restrictions
       You must have superuser privileges to run

Diagnostics
       The command can return the following diagnostic messages:

ccr: Remote console reserved
       The command has successfully connected to the remote console server and your terminal is now capable of acting as a console for the  remote
       node.

ccr: Remote console released
       Your connection with the remote console server has been terminated and you are no longer in console carrier mode.

ccr: Remote console already in use
       The remote console server that you are attempting to connect to is already reserved by another user.

ccr: Permission denied
       You do not have the necessary privileges to run (You must be a superuser.)

ccr: Hardware address required
       The  command  is unable to locate the hardware address of the remote node to which you are attempting to connect.  A remote node's hardware
       address must be defined either in the command line, or in its nodes database entry.  (Nodes database entries are defined with the command.)

ccr: No node entry in database
       The command does not recognize the remote node to which you are attempting to connect, since the node-id that you specified is not  defined
       in the nodes database.  (Nodes database entries are defined with the command.)

Files
       Console carrier server image

Console carrier server loader

See Also
       addnode(8), getnode(8), load(8), remnode(8), trigger(8)
       Guide to Local Transport Servers

ccr(8)