Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Looking for acceleratedX for system V Post 303041500 by Neo on Tuesday 26th of November 2019 06:14:28 AM
Old 11-26-2019
I kinda' doubt "the hardware differs too much" (you have chosen not to provide that basic info...) but if you think so, please list the differences and any error messages you saw when you booted?

Maybe take a photo of the screen where it gets stuck....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

2. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

6. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

7. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
XInstallColormap()														XInstallColormap()

Name
  XInstallColormap - install a colormap.

Synopsis
  XInstallColormap(display, colormap_return)
	Display *display;
	Colormap colormap_return;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

colormap_return
	    Specifies the colormap to install.

Description
  XInstallColormap()  installs a virtual colormap into a hardware colormap.  If there is only one hardware colormap, XInstallColormap() loads
  a virtual colormap into the hardware colormap.  All windows associated with this colormap immediately display  with  their  chosen  colors.
  Other windows associated with the old colormap will display with false colors.  If additional hardware colormaps are possible, XInstallCol-
  ormap() loads the new hardware map and keeps the existing ones.  Other windows will then remain in their true colors unless the  limit  for
  colormaps has been reached.  If the maximum number of allowed hardware colormaps is already installed, an old colormap is swapped out.  The
  MinCmapsOfScreen(screen) and MaxCmapsOfScreen(screen) macros can be used to determine how many hardware colormaps are supported.

If colormap_return is not already an installed map, a ColormapNotify event is generated  on  every  window  having  colormap_return  as  an
  attribute.   If  a colormap is uninstalled as a result of the install, a ColormapNotify event is generated on every window having that col-
  ormap as an attribute.

Colormaps are usually installed and uninstalled by the window manager, not by clients.  At any time, there is a  subset  of  the  installed
  colormaps,  viewed  as  an ordered list, called the "required list."	The length of the required list is at most the min_maps specified for
  each screen in the Display structure.  When a colormap is installed with XInstallColormap() it is added to the head of  the  required  list
  and  the last colormap in the list is removed if necessary to keep the length of the list at min_maps.  When a colormap is uninstalled with
  XUninstallColormap() and it is in the required list, it is removed from the list.  No other actions by the server or the client change  the
  required list.  It is important to realize that on all but high-performance workstations, min_maps is likely to be 1.  If the hardware col-
  ormap is immutable, and therefore installing any colormap is impossible, XInstallColormap() will work but not do anything.

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 7, Color.

Errors
  BadColor  Invalid colormap.

See Also
  XDefaultColormap(), XDisplayCells(), XCopyColormapAndFree(), XCreateColormap(), XFreeColormap(), XGetStandardColormap(), XListInstalledCol-
  ormaps(), XSetStandardColormap(), XSetWindowColormap(), XUninstallColormap().

Xlib - Colormaps														XInstallColormap()