Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script not for CGI
Top Forums Programming Shell script not for CGI Post 303041470 by Neo on Monday 25th of November 2019 06:01:00 AM
Old 11-25-2019
See also this wiki page:

Comparison of web frameworks - Wikipedia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling CGI Perl in Shell script [urgent]

All I want to call a perl program from my shell script. Please help me. I want to call through URL only. Like " http://www.test.com/CGI-bin/test?test=value" Please help to write this script. Thanx in advance. Thanking you Regards Deepak Xavier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a cgi file from shell script????

Hi.. Is it possible to call a cgi program which is used to display a pop up message in the else part...On executing the script it directly prints the source code of the pop up screen.. Please if you have any idea,share with us.Thanks. #start success250=`grep -c failure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elavv
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI shell script curl reponse problem

Hi, I am running a bash shell script for some simple web server CGI, the script runs as expected from the browser except the following: curl --silent --max-time 10 --output /dev/null --write-out %{http_code} http://server:port/filename This line outputs 404 when i execute the script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to create a Return Button using shell script CGI

Hello Guys, I would like to know how can I create a radio button on that its possible to return to the last page, using a ksh CGI shell script. Can someone help ? Thanks so much !!!:b: I tried this, but it is a javascript code ! <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="BACK" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

execute shell script using CGI for html site

hi there im currently in the process of creating a website for use basically within our org. im using a os x machine and installed MAMP - which includes Apache, mysql... the site will be used by techs to primarily install pkgs files onto os x devices. i would like to have buttons or hyperlinks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheshe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell CGI script

Hi there, I am new to scripting, please advise. I have a script running on the PC server, the script is to log on some ip to get something. script-name IP -l username after running the command, I need to type the password for the script to run. Now, I like to change the script to web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zrcheng
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect key press in cgi shell script?

I want to detect key pressed in my .cgi web page, but it does not work even I found the code in other web site. My code is : #!/bin/sh #================================================= # PATH defination # ================================================... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shuinvy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments from a textbox in CGI to a shell script?

Hello All, Could you please help me to explain that how do I pass textboxes values while running a shell script which need some arguments while running it and should be invoked after the button click. Here is an example. The first CGI is: #!/bin/ksh echo "Content-Type: text/html"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
4 Replies
WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)					      General Commands Manual						 WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)

NAME
wikipedia2text -- displays Wikipedia entries on the command line SYNOPSIS
wikipedia2text [-BCnNoOpPsSuU] [-b prog] [ {-c | -i | -I } patt] [-l lang] [-W base-url] Query wikipedia2text -o [-b prog] [-l lang] Query wikipedia2text [-h] wikipedia2text -v wikipedia2text -r DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wikipedia2text command. wikipedia2text fetches and renders Wikipedia articles using a text-mode web-browser (currently recognises elinks, links2, links, lynx and w3m) and display the text of the article on STDOUT respectively in a pager. OPTIONS
The program recognizes the following command line options: -b prog Use program prog as browser. -B Do not use browser configured via configuration file or environment. -c patt, -I patt Colorize case-sensitive pattern patt in output. -C, -N Colorize output. -h Show help and a summary of options. -i patt Colorize case-insensitive pattern patt in output. -l lang use Wikipedia in language lang. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. -n Do not colorize output. -o Open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -O Do not open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -p Use a pager (set by default). -P Don't use a pager. -r Display a random Wikipedia article. -s Display only the summary of the Wikipedia article. -S Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only the summary. -u Just print the URL of the Wikipedia page and exit. -U Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only print the URL of the page. -v Show version number. -W base-url use base-url as base URL for wikipedia (e.g. use a different wiki), querying this URL will happen by appending the search term. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables are recognized: ABROWSER Browser to use as default instead of to found or configured web browser. IGNCASE Default value for case-sensitivity of colorizing the output. Can be set to "true" or "false". LOCAL Default value for language in which Wikipedia should be used. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. OUTPUTURL Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the URL of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". PAGER Default value for pager to use. Can also be set to "true", in which case, wikipedia2text tries to figure out the appropriate pager, or "false", which means not to use a pager at all. SHORT Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the summary of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". USEBROWSER Determines, if wikipedia2text should open the Wikipedia page via openurl in the globally set default browser, i.e. Firefox or Konqueror, by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". FILES
$HOME/.wikipedia2textrc Will be sourced from wikipedia2text on startup. Should contain variable assignments. The same variables as for the environment are recognised. WIKIPEDIA LANGUAGES
wikipedia2text currently supports the following Wikipedia languages: af Cape Dutch (Afrikaans) als Alemannic ca Catalan cs Czech da Danish de German en English eo Esperanto es Spanish fi Finnish fr French hu Hungarian ia Interlingua is Islandic it Italian la Latin lb Luxembourgian nds Low German nl Dutch nn, no Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal) pl Polish pt Portuguese rm Rhaeto-Romanic ro Romanian simple Simple English sk Slovak sl Slovenian sv Swedish tr Turkish SEE ALSO
elinks(1), links(1), links2(1), lynx(1), w3m(1) AUTHOR
wikipedia2text was written by Christian Brabandt <cb@256bit.org>. Patches also from Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org>. This manual page was written by Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 any later ver- sion published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. HISTORY
wikipedia2text was first released by Christian Brabandt on in his blog (link to URL http://blog.256bit.org/archives/126-Wikipedia-in-der- Shell.html) with as script named wiki. Some users may find it useful to create an alias with that name for speeding up the typing of a wikipedia2text command if no other command of that name is present. OTHER INFO
The current version of wikipedia2text should be available at on Christian Brabandt's website (link to URL http://www.256bit.org/~chris- bra/wiki) . WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)