Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Negative decimal to binary
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Negative decimal to binary Post 303041454 by wisecracker on Sunday 24th of November 2019 05:43:43 PM
Old 11-24-2019
Hi Chubler_XL...

I have never seen that before, thanks a lot.
Just shows how much I don't know. Once seen never forgotten...
(But sadly, it won't work in dash.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for converting a decimal to binary

Could anybody please help me in writing a script in unix for converting a decimal number to binary number. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: softy
3 Replies

2. Programming

decimal to binary function error

I have the following simple code to return a binary number in a array format given an interger and the number of the bits for specifying the interger as binary number. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main () { // int* get_binary_number(int* bit_array, int num, int... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Anybody please help me... Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) representation. Also, draw its Flow Chart. This is a unix qn... plz post algorithm for that :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramba
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caramba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

error- multiplying negative decimal values

a=10.02 pattern=-11.01 b=$(echo | awk '{ print $a*$pattern}') echo $b its not working even ALso tried `expr $a \* $pattern` No LUCK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting string to negative decimal value

I need code for converting a string to a negative decimal value. For ex, i have the value in the form of a string (5489.95-) i need to convert it into decimal value (-5489.95) while getting output using printf command. i know how to get as a string a="5489.95-" printf "%10s"$a >>xyz.dat ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the negate of decimal to binary?

Hi All, New to this forum (and yes , a newbie in programming..:p) I have a decimal to binary converter script done this way : i=$1 bit0=$(( (i & 0x01) > 0 )) bit1=$(( (i & 0x02) > 0 )) bit2=$(( (i & 0x04) > 0 )) bit3=$(( (i & 0x08) > 0 )) bit4=$((... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteltlc
6 Replies

9. Programming

Binary to decimal for particular bits

Hello, I have script which work fine on particular data.file . The next feature I want to achieve is to get the decimal equivalent of data to data. The data looks like this : data(01000000000000000000110000000000) thank you.. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

10. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies
Tk_GetDash(3)						       Tk Library Procedures						     Tk_GetDash(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetDash - convert from string to valid dash structure. SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetDash(interp, string, dashPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char * string (in) Textual value to be converted. Tk_Dash *dashPtr (out) Points to place to store the dash pattern value converted from string. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedure parses the string and fills in the result in the Tk_Dash structure. The string can be a list of integers or a character string containing only ".,-_" or spaces. If all goes well, TCL_OK is returned. If string does not have the proper syntax then TCL_ERROR is returned, an error message is left in the interpreter's result, and nothing is stored at *dashPtr. The first possible syntax is a list of integers. Each element represents the number of pixels of a line segment. Only the odd segments are drawn using the "outline" color. The other segments are drawn transparent. The second possible syntax is a character list containing only 5 possible characters ".,-_ ". The space can be used to enlarge the space between other line elements, and can not occur as the first position in the string. Some examples: -dash . = -dash {2 4} -dash - = -dash {6 4} -dash -. = -dash {6 4 2 4} -dash -.. = -dash {6 4 2 4 2 4} -dash {. } = -dash {2 8} -dash , = -dash {4 4} The main difference of this syntax with the previous is that it is shape-conserving. This means that all values in the dash list will be multiplied by the line width before display. This assures that "." will always be displayed as a dot and "-" always as a dash regardless of the line width. On systems where only a limited set of dash patterns, the dash pattern will be displayed as the most close dash pattern that is available. For example, on Windows only the first 4 of the above examples are available. The last 2 examples will be displayed identically as the first one. KEYWORDS
dash, conversion Tk 8.3 Tk_GetDash(3)