Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Bash script problems int to binary Post 303041431 by Chubler_XL on Saturday 23rd of November 2019 12:56:55 PM
Old 11-23-2019
I think adding any negative numbers to 256 should get the desired result.

(I believe this should work OK in bash 3.2.x but dont have that version to confirm).

Code:
# decimal2binary.sh <integer_-127_to_127>
dec2bin () {
  # dec2bin num [width] [var]
  local num bin=""
  for((num=$1;num;num/=2))
  do
    bin=$((num%2))$bin
  done
  ((${#3})) &&
      printf -v ${3} "%0*d" ${2:-1} $bin ||
      printf "%0*d\n" ${2:-1} $bin
}

[ $1 -lt 0 ] &&
   dec2bin 256+$1 8 ||
   dec2bin $1 8

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip via bash startup script problems

i have two lines in my rc.local file that are wget -O/<path>/<file>.zip url://domain.com unzip -o /<path>/<file>.zip the wget works fine, but the unzip won't work. when i copy/pase the unzip line to the prompt it works fine. i thought that maybe the unzip was running before the wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: easysnowboards
0 Replies

3. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems editing file with awk in bash script

Hello dear users, here I have a script to manipulate .csv files that are like this originally: And I need to make a script to delete certain fields. Each field is separated with a comma. So, here is my script (at least a part of it): Field $1 is composed of a name, and then a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sr00t
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with bash script

Hello, can someone please help me to fix this script, I have a 2 files, one file has hostname information and second file has console information of the hosts in each line, I have written a script which actually reads each line in hostname file and should grep in the console file and paste the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with BASH Shell Script

Hi I need help with my coding , first time I'm working with bash . What i must do is check if there is 3 .txt files if there is not 3 of them i must give an error code , if al three is there i must first arrange them in alphabetical order and then take the last word in al 3 of the .txt files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux newb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi, I have the following requirement. There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt) PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234" I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drwatson_droid
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script error with binary operator expected.

Hello, I am not sure, where I am missing in the scirpt, I am trying to grep few users from /etc/passwd file and if exists, I added line to echo as user exist, if not create it. #!/bin/bash for vid in v707 z307 z496 z163 z292 ; do if then echo " $vid User exists " else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script having variable substitution problems

Hi I am setting the variables like this : setenv MODULE1 modem5__3 setenv MODULE2 modem5__2 setenv MODULE3 modem_ctrl_1_1 setenv MODULE4 modem_1_0 setenv COUNT 10 I am having a bash script as shown below ################################################ #!/bin/bash for ((... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problems - Bash Script

Hi I keep getting the following error sed: -e expression #1, char 32: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command whenever I use the following bash script #! /bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spbr
2 Replies
Num(3o)                                                            OCaml library                                                           Num(3o)

NAME
Num - Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Module Module Num Documentation Module Num : sig end Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Numbers (type num ) are arbitrary-precision rational numbers, plus the special elements 1/0 (infinity) and 0/0 (undefined). type num = | Int of int | Big_int of Big_int.big_int | Ratio of Ratio.ratio The type of numbers. === Arithmetic operations === val (+/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.add_num . val add_num : num -> num -> num Addition val minus_num : num -> num Unary negation. val (-/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.sub_num . val sub_num : num -> num -> num Subtraction val ( */ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.mult_num . val mult_num : num -> num -> num Multiplication val square_num : num -> num Squaring val (//) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.div_num . val div_num : num -> num -> num Division val quo_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: quotient. val mod_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: remainder. val ( **/ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.power_num . val power_num : num -> num -> num Exponentiation val abs_num : num -> num Absolute value. val succ_num : num -> num succ n is n+1 val pred_num : num -> num pred n is n-1 val incr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit incr r is r:=!r+1 , where r is a reference to a number. val decr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit decr r is r:=!r-1 , where r is a reference to a number. val is_integer_num : num -> bool Test if a number is an integer === The four following functions approximate a number by an integer : === val integer_num : num -> num integer_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds towards zero. val floor_num : num -> num floor_num n returns the largest integer smaller or equal to n . val round_num : num -> num round_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds off zero. val ceiling_num : num -> num ceiling_num n returns the smallest integer bigger or equal to n . val sign_num : num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 according to the sign of the argument. === Comparisons between numbers === val (=/) : num -> num -> bool val (</) : num -> num -> bool val (>/) : num -> num -> bool val (<=/) : num -> num -> bool val (>=/) : num -> num -> bool val (<>/) : num -> num -> bool val eq_num : num -> num -> bool val lt_num : num -> num -> bool val le_num : num -> num -> bool val gt_num : num -> num -> bool val ge_num : num -> num -> bool val compare_num : num -> num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 if the first argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second argument. val max_num : num -> num -> num Return the greater of the two arguments. val min_num : num -> num -> num Return the smaller of the two arguments. === Coercions with strings === val string_of_num : num -> string Convert a number to a string, using fractional notation. val approx_num_fix : int -> num -> string See Num.approx_num_exp . val approx_num_exp : int -> num -> string Approximate a number by a decimal. The first argument is the required precision. The second argument is the number to approximate. Num.approx_num_fix uses decimal notation; the first argument is the number of digits after the decimal point. approx_num_exp uses scien- tific (exponential) notation; the first argument is the number of digits in the mantissa. val num_of_string : string -> num Convert a string to a number. === Coercions between numerical types === val int_of_num : num -> int val num_of_int : int -> num val nat_of_num : num -> Nat.nat val num_of_nat : Nat.nat -> num val num_of_big_int : Big_int.big_int -> num val big_int_of_num : num -> Big_int.big_int val ratio_of_num : num -> Ratio.ratio val num_of_ratio : Ratio.ratio -> num val float_of_num : num -> float OCamldoc 2012-06-26 Num(3o)