Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting View all jar files contents in one go ? Post 303041383 by Scrutinizer on Friday 22nd of November 2019 03:27:42 AM
Old 11-22-2019
jar tvf can only take one archive as parameter, so try:
Code:
find . -name '*.jar' | xargs -n 1 jar tvf

This will break if there are spaces in directory or file names

You could also try:
Code:
find . -name '*.jar' -exec jar tvf {} \;

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-22-2019 at 04:33 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20 I CD into a remote directory on one machine $ cd /net/remote hostname yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty. when I do the same command from another machine, $ cd... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddave
13 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Differences between jar files

I want to find the difference between two jar files sitting on a sun box. How do I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to view contents of an existing script

root#pwd /opt/tools root# cat check_traffic /opt/tools/utils/commands $1 /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic root# cat /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic gew "check_traffic -v" Hi above script works for checking traffic for an ip address im trying to view the check_traffic script by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies
FASTJAR(1)								GNU								FASTJAR(1)

NAME
jar - archive tool for Java archives SYNOPSIS
jar -ctxu [OPTIONS] [jar-file] [manifest-file] [-C dir] files... DESCRIPTION
"fastjar" is an implementation of Sun's jar utility that comes with the JDK, written entirely in C, and runs in a fraction of the time while being feature compatible. If any file is a directory then it is processed recursively. The manifest file name and the archive file name needs to be specified in the same order the -m and -f flags are specified. OPTIONS
Exactly one of the following actions must be specified: -c Create new archive. -t List table of contents for archive. -x Extract named (or all) files from archive. -u Update existing archive. This option is disabled due to bugs (currently fails with exit status 1 and does nothing). The following parameters are optional: -@ Read the names of the files to add to the archive from stdin. This option is supported only in combination with -c or -u. Non stan- dard option added in the GCC version. -C directory Change to the directory and include the following file. -E Prevent fastjar from reading the content of a directory when specifying one (and instead relying on the provided list of files to popu- late the archive with regard to the directory entry). Non standard option added in the GCC version. -M Do not create a manifest file for the entries. -0 Store only; use no ZIP compression. -V --version Display version information. -f archive Specify archive file name. -m manifest Include manifest information from specified manifest file. -v Generate verbose output on standard output. All remaining options are considered to be names of files. SEE ALSO
gcj(1), gij(1), grepjar(1) and the Info entry for gcj. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with the Invariant Sections being ``GNU General Public License'', the Front- Cover texts being (a) (see below), and with the Back-Cover Texts being (b) (see below). A copy of the license is included in the man page gfdl(7). gcc-3.2.2 2003-02-25 FASTJAR(1)