Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting View all jar files contents in one go ? Post 303041383 by Scrutinizer on Friday 22nd of November 2019 03:27:42 AM
Old 11-22-2019
jar tvf can only take one archive as parameter, so try:
Code:
find . -name '*.jar' | xargs -n 1 jar tvf

This will break if there are spaces in directory or file names

You could also try:
Code:
find . -name '*.jar' -exec jar tvf {} \;

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-22-2019 at 04:33 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20 I CD into a remote directory on one machine $ cd /net/remote hostname yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty. when I do the same command from another machine, $ cd... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddave
13 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Differences between jar files

I want to find the difference between two jar files sitting on a sun box. How do I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to view contents of an existing script

root#pwd /opt/tools root# cat check_traffic /opt/tools/utils/commands $1 /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic root# cat /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic gew "check_traffic -v" Hi above script works for checking traffic for an ip address im trying to view the check_traffic script by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies
JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)						    Javahelper						    JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)

NAME
jh_generateorbitdir - Creates and populates an orbit dir used by pde-build for third-party jar files. SYNOPSIS
jh_generateorbitdir [debhelperoptions] [--orbit-dir=dir] [orbit-dep[...]] DESCRIPTION
jh_generateorbitdir is a javahelper program that handles creation of an orbit dependency dir. This directory has to be populated with non- eclipse jar files. However, eclipse refers to these jars by their "symbolic name". jh_generateorbitdir can extract this name from the jar's manifest (provided it has the OSGi metadata) and create a symlink to it. jh_generateorbitdir will replace regular files with symlinks if they are present in the orbit dir and clash with the name of one of the orbit jars. If an orbit jar name clashes with a symlink in the orbit dir, then jh_generateorbitdir will assume that the given jar has already been symlinked correctly. In this case the jar file is still recorded in the cache (see below). jh_generateorbitdir will also check the default installation for jar files on Debian systems (at the time of writing /usr/share/java), if it cannot find the jar in the current dir. Jar files replaced by jh_generateorbitdir will be recorded so that jh_installeclipse can replace with symlinks them post install. FILES
debian/eclipse.orbitdeps List of orbit dependencies - one per line. This can be used as an alternative to passing it per command line. OPTIONS
--orbit-dir=dir Specifies the directory from where the orbit-dir is or should be created. Defauls to "debian/.eclipse_build/orbitdeps". EXAMPLE
jh_generateorbitdir --orbit-dir orbit asm3 oro Will generate a folder called orbit with two symlinks based on asm3 and oro's symbolic name. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of javahelper and uses debhelper as backend. There are also tutorials in /usr/share/doc/javahelper. AUTHOR
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 by Niels Thykier This tool is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU GPL 2. 0.43 2011-04-29 JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)