Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Limitations of 'pdftotext' in Linux... Post 303041356 by Neo on Thursday 21st of November 2019 09:45:45 PM
Old 11-21-2019
Quote:
My apologies again. I have been up working on a number of different emergencies this week until about 3am each night. This PDF issue is just one problem I am having at the moment and my attention is divided. I'm not trying to rile anyone up. Thank you again for looking at this.
No worries. I completely understand the stress of working many IT coding issues at once and juggling many balls all up in the air at the same time.

I will reopen the original thread and merge this post. into it.

OBTW, I am not "riled" or upset or angry in any way. I am like a "admin robot"... I just insure this site is healthy, running fast and smooth, protect the site from harm, and insure our mission, rules and guidelines are followed.

SOAP BOX COMMENT: Sidebar (not specific to your post):

Sometimes I ask a question or ask for input, to insure that questions are clear, not only for me, but for future generations who visit the site and have similar questions. This site is not a "put a nickel in and get an answer out site", as some would like it to be. Our mission is to teach people to solve their own problems, not to do other's work for them, like the old saying (paraphrasing) which I am sure you have heard before:

"Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach that same person to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime."

In the age of the Internet and social media, people have become too dependant on others to do their problem solving (and thinking) for them. When I created this site decades ago, long before FB, reddit, stack*, medium, and more; our goals were always to have a very high "signal to noise" ratio and to never become a "put a nickel in and get an answer site", to encourage people to describe and solve their own problems with our help.

I will continue to encourage all users in that direction, even if we are the last site on the Internet to be this way. Smilie

END OF SOAP BOX COMMENT: Sidebar (not specific to your post):

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Discussions merged and reopened.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir limitations

What characters can't be used with a mkdir? Any limits on length of name? Thank you, Randy M. Zeitman http://www.StoneRoseDesign.com (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: flignar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csplit limitations

I am trying to use the csplit file on a file that contains records that have more than 2048 characters on a line. The resultant split file seems to ignore the rest of the line and I lose the data. Is there any way that csplit can handle record lengths greater than 2048? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravagga
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

pdftotext / PDF conversion to .txt binaries

Good day, I've been trying to look for a way to compile the Xpdf sources in our HP-UX server, but have been failing to do so because there is no GCC installed, and I don't have privileges to install GCC. I was looking for a functionality to convert PDF files to .txt, which is exactly like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_s_6
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

gnuplot limitations

I'm running a simulation (programmed in C) which makes calls to gnuplot periodically to plot data I have stored. First I open a pipe to gnuplot and set it to multiplot: FILE * pipe = popen("gnuplot", "w"); fprintf(pipe, "set multiplot\n"); fflush(pipe); (this pipe stays open until the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sedavidw
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Limitations on the partition of linux

Hi, I need a documentation about limitations on the linux partition. On how many primary and extended I could create. And also on different type of storage, how many big capacity I can create. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic problem with pdftotext

Hi, I have used pdftotext with good results in the past, but today for some reason I keep getting the same error message. My command is as follows: And the error message is I am using Vmware player with Ubuntu server, but I don't think that is causing this issue as I have been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joq
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Eth0 Limitations

Hi, I have noticed some performance issues on my RHEL5 server but the memory and CPU utilization on the box is fine. I have a 1G full duplexed eth0 card and I am suspicious that this may be causing the problem. My eth0 settings are as follows: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris limitations

Hi, I recently started working with Solaris, and what I noticed is that a lot of commands I used to regularly use don't work, like sed -i and grep -r. I have found work arounds for these problems though but it's a pain in the ass. I'm just wondering why they decided not to include these handy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
4 Replies

9. Linux

Linux partitions and limitations

In recently reading an article on linux basics before I embark and my personal installation project I came across this passage - IDE drives have three types of partition: primary, logical, and extended. The partition table is located in the master boot record (MBR) of a disk. The MBR is the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synchlavier
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdftotext from multiple pdf files to a single text file

I have a directory having a number of pdf files. I want to convert all the files to text, stored in a single text file The following creates multiple text files ls *.pdf | xargs -n1 pdftotext (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)							    XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)

NAME
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder -- A Drag and Drop function that reorders a stack of widgets that are registered drop sites SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/DragDrop.h> void XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder( Widget widget, Widget sibling, Cardinal stack_mode); DESCRIPTION
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder changes the stacking order of the drop site specified by widget. The stacking order controls the manner in which drag-under effects are clipped by overlapping siblings, regardless of whether they are active. The stack mode is relative either to the entire stack, or to another drop site within the stack. The stack order can be modified only if the drop sites are siblings in both the widget and drop site hierarchy, and the widget parent of the drop sites is registered as a composite drop site. widget Specifies the drop site to be restacked. sibling Specifies a sibling drop site for stacking operations. If specified, then widget is restacked relative to this drop site's stack position. stack_mode Specifies the new stack position for the specified widget. The values are XmABOVE and XmBELOW. If a sibling is specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed just above the sibling. XmBELOW The widget is placed just below the sibling. If the sibling parameter is not specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed at the top of the stack. XmBELOW The widget is placed at the bottom of the stack. For a complete definition of DropSite and its associated resources, see XmDropSite(3). RELATED
XmDropSite(3), XmDropSiteRetrieve(3), and XmDropSiteQueryStackingOrder(3). XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)