Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers "Revision up" instead of version up Post 303041271 by scribling on Tuesday 19th of November 2019 06:41:01 PM
Old 11-19-2019
Yes well, unfortunately, I don't get to keep up with this stuff as often as I'd like, since this isn't really part of my job. I took a stab at it but failed miserably. So rather than have my boss come over and ask what the f' I'm doing writing code instead of actually working, I asked here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision doc?

Dear All, I am going to examine SA202 but I got SA-202-S10 revision A.1 so it might be out of date. Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision document? Could you share it ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

3. AIX

"pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6

Anyone know what is the function of user "pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebab3
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
RCSMERGE(1L)															      RCSMERGE(1L)

NAME
rcsmerge - merge RCS revisions SYNOPSIS
rcsmerge -rrev1 [ -rrev2 ] [ -p ] file DESCRIPTION
Rcsmerge incorporates the changes between rev1 and rev2 of an RCS file into the corresponding working file. If -p is given, the result is printed on the standard output, otherwise the result overwrites the working file. A file name ending in ',v' is an RCS file name, otherwise a working file name. Merge derives the working file name from the RCS file name and vice versa, as explained in co(1L). A pair consisting of both an RCS and a working file name may also be specified. Rev1 may not be omitted. If rev2 is omitted, the latest revision on the default branch (normally the highest branch on the trunk) is assumed. Both rev1 and rev2 may be given numerically or symbolically. Rcsmerge prints a warning if there are overlaps, and delimits the overlapping regions as explained in co -j. The command is useful for incorporating changes into a checked-out revision. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have released revision 2.8 of f.c. Assume furthermore that you just completed revision 3.4, when you receive updates to release 2.8 from someone else. To combine the updates to 2.8 and your changes between 2.8 and 3.4, put the updates to 2.8 into file f.c and exe- cute rcsmerge -p -r2.8 -r3.4 f.c >f.merged.c Then examine f.merged.c. Alternatively, if you want to save the updates to 2.8 in the RCS file, check them in as revision 2.8.1.1 and exe- cute co -j: ci -r2.8.1.1 f.c co -r3.4 -j2.8:2.8.1.1 f.c As another example, the following command undoes the changes between revision 2.4 and 2.8 in your currently checked out revision in f.c. rcsmerge -r2.8 -r2.4 f.c Note the order of the arguments, and that f.c will be overwritten. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 47907. Revision Number: 1.2 ; Release Date: 87/02/27 . Copyright (C) 1982 by Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
ci(1L), co(1L), merge(1L), ident(1L), rcs(1L), rcsdiff(1L), rlog(1L) Walter F. Tichy, "Design, Implementation, and Evaluation of a Revision Control System," in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Software Engineering, IEEE, Tokyo, Sept. 1982. BUGS
Rcsmerge does not work on files that contain lines with a single `.'. Purdue University RCSMERGE(1L)