Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers "Revision up" instead of version up Post 303041270 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of November 2019 05:56:45 PM
Old 11-19-2019
What would be your approach, in light of the proposals you received on similar requests (Incremental numbering?, Alter existing script to work with longer file name, Versioning up a file with initials? )?

Last edited by RudiC; 11-19-2019 at 07:08 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision doc?

Dear All, I am going to examine SA202 but I got SA-202-S10 revision A.1 so it might be out of date. Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision document? Could you share it ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

3. AIX

"pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6

Anyone know what is the function of user "pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebab3
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
WebService::CIA::Source::DBM(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 WebService::CIA::Source::DBM(3pm)

NAME
WebService::CIA::Source::DBM - An interface to a DBM copy of the CIA World Factbook SYNOPSIS
use WebService::CIA::Source::DBM; my $source = WebService::CIA::Source::DBM->new({ DBM => 'factbook.dbm', Mode => 'read' }); DESCRIPTION
WebService::CIA::Source::DBM is an interface to a pre-compiled DBM copy of the CIA World Factbook. The module can also be used to make the DBM file, taking data from WebService::CIA::Parser (or WebService::CIA::Source::Web) and inserting it into a DBM. A script to do this - webservice-cia-makedbm.pl - should be included in this module's distribution. METHODS
Apart from "new", these methods are normally accessed via a WebService::CIA object. "new(\%opts)" This method creates a new WebService::CIA::Source::DBM object. It takes a hashref of options. Valid keys are "DBM" and "Mode". DBM is mandatory and should be the location of the DBM file to be used. Mode is optional and can be either "read" or "readwrite". It defaults to "read". "value($country_code, $field)" Retrieve a value from the DBM. $country_code should be the FIPS 10-4 country code as defined in <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/appen- dix/appendix-d.html>. $field should be the name of the field whose value you want to retrieve, as defined in <https://www.cia.gov/library/publica- tions/the-world-factbook/docs/notesanddefs.html>. (WebService::CIA::Parser also creates four extra fields: "URL", "URL - Print", "URL - Flag", and "URL - Map" which are the URLs of the country's Factbook page, the printable version of that page, a GIF map of the coun- try, and a GIF flag of the country respectively.) "all($country_code)" Returns a hashref of field-value pairs for $country_code or an empty hashref if $country_code isn't in the DBM. "set($country_code, $data)" Insert or update data in the DBM. $country_code should be as described above. $data is a hashref of the data to store (as Field => Value). "set" overwrites any data already in the DBM under $country_code. "dbm()" Returns a reference to the DBM file in use. AUTHOR
Ian Malpass (ian-cpan@indecorous.com) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2007, Ian Malpass This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The CIA World Factbook's copyright information page (<https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/docs/contributor_copy- right.html>) states: The Factbook is in the public domain. Accordingly, it may be copied freely without permission of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). SEE ALSO
WebService::CIA, WebService::CIA::Parser, WebService::CIA::Source::Web perl v5.8.8 2008-02-04 WebService::CIA::Source::DBM(3pm)