Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove Comment Lines From Script/Input File Post 303041264 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 19th of November 2019 03:08:38 PM
Old 11-19-2019
It is indeed difficult to give a complete answer for all corner cases, however, for simple cases, you could try how far something like:
Code:
perl -p0777e 's#/\*.*?\*/|\*.*?\;##sg' file

would get you. This could possibly work for one-off cases, but it will not be fool proof and can not be relied upon...

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-19-2019 at 04:13 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a remove script taken in input a file which contain a list of directories

Hi, I'm looking to delete some files from directories. I've just put in a file the location of these files. e.g: in file supprs.txt there is: /usr/host/t1.txt /etc/dev/u1.java /home/new/files/view.c Is it possible to take this file "supprs.txt" as a parameter in a shell command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/Script to remove duplicate lines from the file?

Hello, Can anyone tell Command/Script to remove duplicate lines from the file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the comment symbol ' from a file.

I want to remove the commented lines in a file identified by ' symbol at the start of each ine. A sample example will be like: Input ----- 'IFerr_flag=0THEN iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then Output -------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to comment out lines to the end of file

Hello, I have a file as follow a b c c d d e I would like to write a awk command to insert # from the first occurence of "c" to the end of the files. OUTPUT should be like this a b #c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add line and remove comment in some script

Hi, i need some help. i am not sure about my idea. I have a script directory under my home directory,which has a lot of scripts in it. These are some names of the scripts in /axxhome/prdv/script aly300.sh axt300.sh arv300.sh clp300.sh ctth300.sh aly400.sh axt400.sh arv400.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu000
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comment lines in file without vi editor

Legends, Can you please help me in following. I need to comment lines from “/tmp/a.txt” from the line A to line B through the command prompt only. Please use variables not direct values like 2 or 5 It can be done with VI editor but it's not matches with my requirement (: 2,5 s/^/#/g). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment ( -- ) lines from 10 to 25 for every .sql file

Platform : RHEL 5.4 I have several .sql files in a directory. I want to comment lines 10 to 25 for all .sql files. How can I do this ? The symbol for comment in SQL is -- eg: -- select salary from emp where empname = 'URS' ; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help, need to create script to remove lines by date in file

Please Help (novice to PERL and SHELL scripting)…. Need to create a script which removes all lines in $filename = "cycle_calendar_ftp_out" older than current date – a variable which will be a number of days passed to script. For Ex it will look at the end date which is the last field (4) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3pwr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove lines within file

AIX. we have multiple files eg B1234567 B1235468 etc. (numbers change daily, only constant is the B prefix) trying to use using sed '/numberrange and length varies /d ' to remove a specific number range out of one of these files , we just don't know which one its in, as it could be in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbee2015
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using awk to find and replace a line, how to ignore comment lines

Hello, I have some code that works more or less. This is called by a make file to adjust some hard-coded definitions in the src code. The script generated some values by looking at some of the src files and then writes those values to specific locations in other files. The awk code is used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)