Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python: Refer a properties file from different location Post 303041197 by saps19 on Monday 18th of November 2019 01:50:32 AM
Old 11-18-2019
Hi Neo, Wisecracker;

I have tried this. Full path is not working.

Code:
import os, sys
#from ../config/test_properties import *
#sys.path.append(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)) + "/path/to/config")  ## <----- This is NOT working
sys.path.append(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)) + "/./config")    ## <----- This is working
from test_properties import *
params=paramsOriginal
print(params)

So for actual implementation, I need do something like /../../config (Maybe!?).

Any suggestion is most welcome.

Cheers,
Sapta.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Refer a remote file

I need to refer a remote(present on another unix server) directory from my unix machine as a local file. e.g. I have one directory D1 on 10.10.10.10 and i need to access files in this directory just like they are present on my unix machine 20.20.20.20. Is there any way out... i read a bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot to retrieve *.sql file names which we refer in .sh file.

Hi Guys, How to retrieve/get *.sql file names which we refer in all *.sh files. Can any one help me on this. Thanks, Kolipaka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanrk811
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to refer to input file in code?

This may be a dumb question, but googling is not giving me an answer. I'm trying to figure out how to refer to an input file in my code. Lets say i run a script in bash: "sh shellscript.sh inputfile" (Inputfile will be variable...whatever file i run the script on) I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato22
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies
GO-PACKAGES(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					    GO-PACKAGES(7)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code DESCRIPTION
Many commands apply to a set of packages: go action [packages] Usually, [packages] is a list of import paths. An import path that is a rooted path or that begins with a . or .. element is interpreted as a file system path and denotes the package in that directory. Otherwise, the import path P denotes the package found in the directory DIR/src/P for some DIR listed in the GOPATH environment variable (see 'go help gopath'). If no import paths are given, the action applies to the package in the current directory. The special import path "all" expands to all package directories found in all the GOPATH trees. For example, 'go list all' lists all the packages on the local system. The special import path "std" is like all but expands to just the packages in the standard Go library. An import path is a pattern if it includes one or more "..." wildcards, each of which can match any string, including the empty string and strings containing slashes. Such a pattern expands to all package directories found in the GOPATH trees with names matching the patterns. As a special case, x/... matches x as well as x's subdirectories. For example, net/... expands to net and packages in its subdirectories. An import path can also name a package to be downloaded from a remote repository. Run 'go help remote' for details. Every package in a program must have a unique import path. By convention, this is arranged by starting each path with a unique prefix that belongs to you. For example, paths used internally at Google all begin with 'google', and paths denoting remote repositories begin with the path to the code, such as 'code.google.com/p/project'. As a special case, if the package list is a list of .go files from a single directory, the command is applied to a single synthesized pack- age made up of exactly those files, ignoring any build constraints in those files and ignoring any other files in the directory. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-PACKAGES(7)