Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers LENOVO ThinkPad T580 is crashing on Ubuntu 18.04 Post 303041145 by Circuits on Friday 15th of November 2019 10:43:26 AM
Old 11-15-2019
Well I posted on the LENOVO website. They suggested that I download the latest BIOS here. I am not exactly sure if I should. It says Ubuntu 16.04 and I am running 18.04; I suppose it couldn't hurt? I am not exactly sure how to go about it either.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help needed to configure GUI with Slackware 7 on an IBM Thinkpad Laptop

I am using Slackware 7 on my IBM Thinkpad. I am unable to configure it to display a graphical environment. Typing startx usually generates a few errors. The system, however, does boot into the shell environment without any issues or problems. I have been able to setup Slackware 7 successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrienb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Thinkpad 390X Fn

I have in my possession an IBM Thinkpad 390X. I havebeen using word and lately a function delaing with the Fn button have created problems. It acts as if Fn is depressed though it is not. When I depress Fn I can type normally, the keys it affects are J,K,L,:,U,I,O,P,M,<,>,? Does anyone know how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Word
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Kubuntu on (certain) Lenovo laptops not possible - reasons?

Hi. I've used the Wubi install of Ubuntu and Kubuntu on my Windows XP machine for close to half a year now. My brother has let me know of a program where he works by which they're getting rid of (with support negated) several Lenovo laptops, on which, he also informs me, the K 'flavor' of Ubuntu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Laptop

Is it possible to install Ubuntu 11.04 or Ubuntu 11.10 in Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Now it Powerd By windowd Xp Professional is it possible to install Ubuntu in it and supports all drivers for ma laptop such as VGA driver Sound,Wireless,Lan , fingerprint,camera pls reply r is it possible to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 on Thinkpad

Hi Folks! I use Solaris 10 on my desktop but would like to start using it on my laptop, which is a Thinkpad T400. I am moderately experienced in using Solaris but don't have much experience in installing it on anything other than my desktop. It seems I've managed to get it installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salinger
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to type ^ (caret) on Lenovo laptop?

Hi how to type " ^ " symbol in unix .. i am using a lenovo laptop ^ matches start of line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need to configure my laptop Thinkpad - T430 as wifi hotspot

Hi All, I have a Thinkpad - T430, which is having the wireless card as "03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205". This one i need to configure as wifi hotspot. which i believe need to configure hostapd.conf, this kind of configuration is new to me anybody done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris flicker on lenovo laptop x230

hi I installled Solaris 11.3 on my Lenovo X230 with Intel HD Graphics 4000, trouble is the graphic driver doesn't play well with 11.3, on the right of the screen, it blinking/flashing/shifting and no colour (grey; see pic below). I try to reduce resolution to 1024*768, I can't reduce the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
8 Replies

9. AIX

Lenovo v3700 v2 direct connect to AIX

i have directly connect AIX pwer 7 to lenovo v3700 v2 without San through fiber card. but i cannot see the WWPN to add AIX as host in management console. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
10 Replies
APS(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    APS(4)

NAME
aps -- ThinkPad Active Protection System accelerometer SYNOPSIS
aps0 at isa? port 0x1600 DESCRIPTION
The aps driver provides support for several sensors found in some ThinkPad laptops. The sensors currently exposed via the envsys(4) interface are: Sensor Units Typical Use x-acceleration integer X-axis acceleration y-acceleration integer Y-axis acceleration x-variable integer Weighted X acceleration? y-variable integer Weighted Y acceleration? temperature 1 degC Unknown temperature temperature 2 degC Unknown temperature keyboard active boolean Keyboard activity mouse active boolean Mouse activity lid open boolean Lid state SEE ALSO
envsys(4), hpacel(4), thinkpad(4), envstat(8) HISTORY
The aps driver first appeared in OpenBSD 3.8 and was then ported to NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The aps driver was written by Jonathan Gray <jsg@openbsd.org>. CAVEATS
Few issues can be mentioned. o The aps driver does not maintain state and subsequently does not take evasive action when it thinks the hard drive is in danger. Possi- ble actions would include spinning down the hard drive in case excessive tremor is detected by the sensors. o The Y axis on X40 and possibly other models seems to be inverted. It is unknown how to distinguish between different versions of the accelerometer to compensate for this in the driver at this time. o The sensor values are refreshed every 0.5 seconds. Because no protection measures are taken, this is unnecessary and may have a negative effect on battery life. o As IBM provides no documentation, it is not known what all the available sensors are used for. BSD
July 13, 2011 BSD