Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers TCL script to delete a pattern(regexp) Post 303041075 by Neo on Thursday 14th of November 2019 12:57:30 AM
Old 11-14-2019
First appearing in 1988; 31 full years ago, many most people here do not use TCL these days, it seems.

I have not used TCL in decades, so I cannot help either.

There are simply more modern programming languages to use with more robust support.

Sorry, we cannot be more helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl: regexp matching special character

Hello Experts, Can someone help me here: I have a variable which contains a string with "". set var1 {a} set str1 {a is the element i want to match} Now "regexp $var1 $str1" does not work? ("regexp {a\} $str1" works, but var1 gets it's value automatically from another script) Is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words before and after a pattern/regexp

Couldn't find much help on the kind of question I've here: There is this text file with text as: Line one has a bingo Line two does not have a bingo but it has a tango Bingo is on line three Line four has both tango and bingo Now I would want to search for the pattern "bingo" in this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with regexp for IP-Adress Pattern

Hi all Unix Gurus! Since hours (even days :-)) I'm trying to find the correct pattern to search for IP addesses in text files. The pattern to find a IP address itself is not too difficult: '((||1{2}|2|2{2})\.){3,}(||1{2}|2|2{2})' BUT, of course the above pattern is also matching lines like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertchannel
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! Script to delete files other than specified pattern

Hi Experts, I want to delete all the files in a folder other than files with .zip extension using shell script. please suggest the code. Neeraj Chourasiya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nchourasiya
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on TCL regexp and match

Hello everyone, I'm new in tcl scripting. I'm currently studying a tcl script and came across this line: regexp {(\d+)(\S?)} $opts match opt swi According to my understanding, this line means to search in the opts variable for one or more digit, followed by a non-whitespace character... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on regexp in TCL

I need some help with regexp in tcl. The following code does work if the $urlvar ends in jpg,jpeg,png or gif. Eg, protocol(http/https)://testsite.com/images/image1.jpg if { ! } { //Do something } My problem is that if the URL does not end in these extensions this regexp is of no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp in tcl

I need to change R3.1.5 as 03015 similarly R4.1.7 as 04017 i need a single command in tcl pls help ---------- Post updated at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:48 PM ---------- i had to do like this without using regexp set old_release "R3.1.5" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using regexp in a TCL script ??

In a tcl script I need to find a way of reading a file, and looking for a phrase ("set myvariable") and putting the word following that into a variable. I've used a file open, and a while loop with gets to read each line from the file into a variable, and using regexp searched for the item. I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tonyb61
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regexp to print repetitive pattern

How to use regexp to print out repetitive pattern in awk? $ awk '{print $0, "-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-"}' output: - - - - - - - - - - - -I tried following which does not give what I want, of course. awk '{print $0, "-\t{11}-"}' output: - ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed script to delete the last word after a last pattern match

Hi Guys , I am having a file as stated below File 1 sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U261/A sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/Z sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/A sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U268/Z sa1 -- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies
tkaeca(1)																 tkaeca(1)

NAME
tkaeca - GUI interface for aeca, using TCL/TK SYNOPSIS
tkaeca DESCRIPTION
The tkaeca command is used to provide a GUI interface to aeca(1). Its use should be self-evident to anyone familiar with Aegis. The top line of the screen contains button for selecting the project and the change. They will be defaulted whenever possible, using the usual Aegis defaulting rules. Click on the buttons to obtain a pick list if you want to change; then double-click an item to select it. (I would have used tk_optionMenu, but it doesn't have a scroll bar, even when all the items don't fit on the screen.) The middle section contains text entry areas, for editing the brief_description and description fields of the change attributes. The text wraps in a natural way, both here and in (say) the "tkaeca -list chand details" listing, so only use newlines to indicate end-of-para- graph. The lower section contains two boxes. The first is the testing required for the change - select as many or as few as is appropriate. The second a set of radio buttons to select the change cause - pick one. The "OK" and "Cancel" buttons do what you expect. The cancel button simply quits. The OK button runs the aeca(1) command - if anything goes wrong (e.g. asking for testing exemptions you can't have) then the error message will be displayed in the message area at the bottom of the window. OPTIONS
There are no command line options. It is best to run this command in the background. EXIT STATUS
The tkaeca command will exit with a status of 1 on any error. The tkaeca command will only exit with a status of 0 if there are no errors. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See aegis(1) for a list of environment variables which may affect this command. See aepconf(5) for the project configuration file's project_specific field for how to set environment variables for all commands executed by Aegis. SEE ALSO
aeca(1) View and edit change attributes, from the command line. tkaegis(1) GUI interface for Aegis, using TCL/TK COPYRIGHT
tkaeca version 4.24.3.D001 Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Peter Miller The tkaeca program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'tkaeca -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'tkaeca -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: millerp@canb.auug.org.au //* WWW: http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/ Reference Manual Aegis tkaeca(1)