Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL Performance Problems
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? MySQL Performance Problems Post 303041073 by Neo on Thursday 14th of November 2019 12:22:14 AM
Old 11-14-2019
Update:

Have completely moved all DB queries regarding man pages to a new database (outside of the main site DB).

After testing, will delete the table of man pages from the main DB.

Deleting this table from the main DB with reduce the size of the main DB by 75%. This, in turn, reduces the sizes of the daily backups and data dumps by 75%, etc. etc.

Note: Restarted MySQL a few times today.....

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance and paging problems

... a disk drive to be 100% busy? hdisk0 100.0 1.3K 342.7 1.3K 22.0 PgspIn 651 % Noncomp 75.5 hdisk1 100.0 1.3K 320.2 1.2K 20.0 PgspOut 6 % Client 75.5 It's really slowing down performance on my system and I would like to know what is causing this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

2. SCO

CPU Performance Problems on VMWARE

hi We have migrated SCO 5.0.6 into ESX4, but the VM eats 100% of the virtual CPU. Here is top print from the SCO VM: last pid: 16773; load averages: 1.68, 1.25, 0.98 02:08:41 79 processes: 75 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 onproc CPU states: 0.0% idle, 17.0% user,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 performance problems

Hello, I encounter some performance issues on my AIX 5.3 server running in a LPAR on a P520. How do I investigate performance issues in AIX. Is there any kind of procedure that takes me to the steps to investigate my server and find the sub systems that is causing the issues? The performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

4. Programming

Xlib - Rotation and interpolation of pixmap - Performance problems

I need to rotate a pixmap in XLib with some kind of interpolation to reduce the aliasing. I came up with the following code, which uses bilinear interpolation. It works fine: the rotated image looks perfect, but unfortunately it takes 5 or 6 seconds for each rotation. (in a 300x300, 16 colours... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies
MYLOADER(1)							     mydumper							       MYLOADER(1)

NAME
myloader - multi-threaded MySQL loader SYNOPSIS
myloader --directory = /path/to/mydumper/backup [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
myloader is a tool used for multi-threaded restoration of mydumper backups. OPTIONS
The myloader tool has several available options: --help Show help text --host, -h Hostname of MySQL server to connect to (default localhost) --user, -u MySQL username with the correct privileges to execute the restoration --password, -p The corresponding password for the MySQL user --port, -P The port for the MySQL connection. Note For localhost TCP connections use 127.0.0.1 for --host. --socket, -S The UNIX domain socket file to use for the connection --threads, -t The number of threads to use for restoring data, default is 4 --version, -V Show the program version and exit --compress-protocol, -C Use client protocol compression for connections to the MySQL server --directory, -d The directory of the mydumper backup to restore --database, -B An alternative database to load the dump into Note For use with single database dumps. When using with multi-database dumps that have duplicate table names in more than one database it may cause errors. Alternatively this scenario may give unpredictable results with --overwrite-tables. --queries-per-transaction, -q Number of INSERT queries to execute per transaction during restore, default is 1000. --overwrite-tables, -o Drop any existing tables when restoring schemas --enable-binlog, -e Log the data loading in the MySQL binary log if enabled (off by default) --verbose, -v The verbosity of messages. 0 = silent, 1 = errors, 2 = warnings, 3 = info. Default is 2. AUTHOR
Andrew Hutchings COPYRIGHT
2011, Andrew Hutchings 0.5.1 June 09, 2012 MYLOADER(1)