Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Is it possible to rename fasta headers based on its position specified in another file? Post 303041050 by dineshkumarsrk on Wednesday 13th of November 2019 03:06:46 AM
Old 11-13-2019
Dear Rudic,
Below script can rename the characters in gene1.fasta specified in list.txt.
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{REP[$1]=$2; next} {for (r in REP) gsub(r, REP[r])}1' FS="=" list.txt gene1.fasta

However, it is not based on the position. Its purely based on the matching strings between the two files. But, here my problem is different, I tried workout like this
Code:
++i

, but my list.txt is not having common strings, so I can not rename sequentially. That is why I seek your help.

Last edited by dineshkumarsrk; 11-13-2019 at 04:12 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Extract words from File based on Position

Hi Guys, While I was writing one shell script , I just got struck at this point. I need to extract words from a file at some specified position and do some comparison operation and need to replace the extracted word with another word. Eg : I like Orange very much. I need to replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuttu123
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to delete a word based on position in a file

Hi, I am new to unix. I want to delete 2 words placed at position say for example at 23rd and 45th position in a line. I used sed but couldnt achieve this. Example: the file contains 2 lines 12345 98765 "12345" 876 12345 98765 "64578" 876 I want to delete " placed at position 13 and 19... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbks2u
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing headers based on a second file

I have a file with thousands of sequences that looks like this: I need to replace the headers using a second file Thus, I will end up having the following file: I am looking for an AWK script that I can easily plug in my current pipeline. Any help will be greatly appreciated! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract regions of file based on start and end position

Hi, I have a file1 of many long sequences, each preceded by a unique header line. file2 is 3-columns list: headers name, start position, end position. I'd like to extract the sequence region of file1 specified in file2. Based on a post elsewhere, I found the code: awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed width file search based on position value

Hi, I am unable to find the right option to extract the data in the fixed width file. sample data abcd1234xgyhsyshijfkfk hujk9876 io xgla loki8787eljuwoejroiweo dkfj9098 dja Search based on position 8-9="xg" and print the entire row output ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on distinct value at specific position

OS : Linux 2.6x Shell : Korn In a single file , how can I identify all the Uniqe values at a specific character position and length of each record , and simultaneously SPLIT the records of the file based on each of these values and write them in seperate files . Lets say : a) I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences from a FASTA file based on another file

I have two files. File1 is shown below. >153L:B|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE RTDCYGNVNRIDTTGASCKTAKPEGLSYCGVSASKKIAERDLQAMDRYKTIIKKVGEKLCVEPAVIAGIISRESHAGKVL KNGWGDRGNGFGLMQVDKRSHKPQGTWNGEVHITQGTTILINFIKTIQKKFPSWTKDQQLKGGISAYNAGAGNVRSYARM DIGTTHDDYANDVVARAQYYKQHGY >16VP:A|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonfrans
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append file name to fasta file headers in Linux

How do we append the file name to fasta file headers in multiple fasta-files in Linux? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mauve
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies
shishi_as_check_crealm(3)					      shishi						 shishi_as_check_crealm(3)

NAME
shishi_as_check_crealm - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_as_check_crealm(Shishi * handle, Shishi_asn1 asreq, Shishi_asn1 asrep); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle shishi handle as allocated by shishi_init(). Shishi_asn1 asreq AS-REQ to compare realm field in. Shishi_asn1 asrep AS-REP to compare realm field in. DESCRIPTION
Verify that AS-REQ.req-body.realm and AS-REP.crealm fields matches. This is one of the steps that has to be performed when processing a AS-REQ and AS-REP exchange, see shishi_kdc_process(). RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK if successful, SHISHI_REALM_MISMATCH if the values differ, or an error code. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_as_check_crealm(3)