Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Is it possible to rename fasta headers based on its position specified in another file? Post 303041047 by dineshkumarsrk on Wednesday 13th of November 2019 02:01:01 AM
Old 11-13-2019
Is it possible to rename fasta headers based on its position specified in another file?

I have 5 sequences in a fasta file namely gene1.fasta as follows,
Code:
gene1.fasta
>1256
ATGTAGC
>GEP
TAGAG
>GTY578
ATGCATA
>67_iga
ATGCTGA
>90_ld
ATGCTG

I need to rename the gene1.fasta file based on the sequence position specified in list.txt as follows,
Code:
list.txt
position1=org5
position2=amylase
position3=org8
position4=lipase
position5=org_1

The expected outcome should be like this,
Code:
>org5
ATGTAGC
>amylase
TAGAG
>org8
ATGCATA
>lipase
ATGCTGA
>org_1
ATGCTG

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dineshkumarsrk; 11-13-2019 at 03:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Extract words from File based on Position

Hi Guys, While I was writing one shell script , I just got struck at this point. I need to extract words from a file at some specified position and do some comparison operation and need to replace the extracted word with another word. Eg : I like Orange very much. I need to replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuttu123
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to delete a word based on position in a file

Hi, I am new to unix. I want to delete 2 words placed at position say for example at 23rd and 45th position in a line. I used sed but couldnt achieve this. Example: the file contains 2 lines 12345 98765 "12345" 876 12345 98765 "64578" 876 I want to delete " placed at position 13 and 19... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbks2u
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing headers based on a second file

I have a file with thousands of sequences that looks like this: I need to replace the headers using a second file Thus, I will end up having the following file: I am looking for an AWK script that I can easily plug in my current pipeline. Any help will be greatly appreciated! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract regions of file based on start and end position

Hi, I have a file1 of many long sequences, each preceded by a unique header line. file2 is 3-columns list: headers name, start position, end position. I'd like to extract the sequence region of file1 specified in file2. Based on a post elsewhere, I found the code: awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed width file search based on position value

Hi, I am unable to find the right option to extract the data in the fixed width file. sample data abcd1234xgyhsyshijfkfk hujk9876 io xgla loki8787eljuwoejroiweo dkfj9098 dja Search based on position 8-9="xg" and print the entire row output ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on distinct value at specific position

OS : Linux 2.6x Shell : Korn In a single file , how can I identify all the Uniqe values at a specific character position and length of each record , and simultaneously SPLIT the records of the file based on each of these values and write them in seperate files . Lets say : a) I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences from a FASTA file based on another file

I have two files. File1 is shown below. >153L:B|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE RTDCYGNVNRIDTTGASCKTAKPEGLSYCGVSASKKIAERDLQAMDRYKTIIKKVGEKLCVEPAVIAGIISRESHAGKVL KNGWGDRGNGFGLMQVDKRSHKPQGTWNGEVHITQGTTILINFIKTIQKKFPSWTKDQQLKGGISAYNAGAGNVRSYARM DIGTTHDDYANDVVARAQYYKQHGY >16VP:A|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonfrans
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append file name to fasta file headers in Linux

How do we append the file name to fasta file headers in multiple fasta-files in Linux? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mauve
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies
AMPLICONNOISE(1)					    AmpliconNoise Documentation 					  AMPLICONNOISE(1)

NAME
AmpliconNoise - remove noise from high throughput nucleotide sequence data VERSION
This documentation refers to version 1.22 SYNOPSIS
See /usr/share/doc/ampliconnoise/Doc.pdf.gz for details of how to run. DESCRIPTION
The following tools are included. Most of them have an MPI equivalent, for example SeqNoise has an equivalent SeqNoiseM which can be used with mpirun. FastaUnique - dereplicates fasta file -in string input file name Options: FCluster -in string distance input file name -out string output file stub Options: -r resolution -a average linkage -w use weights -i read identifiers -s scale dist. NDist - pairwise Needleman-Wunsch sequence distance matrix from a fasta file -in string fata file name Options: -i output identifiers Perseus - slays monsters -sin string seq file name Options: -tin string reference sequence file -a output alignments -d use imbalance -rin string lookup file name PyroDist - pairwise distance matrix from flowgrams -in string flow file name -out stub out file stub Options: -ni no index in dat file -rin string lookup file name PyroNoise - clusters flowgrams without alignments -din string flow file name -out string cluster input file name -lin string list file Options: -v verbose -c double initial cut-off -ni no index in dat file -s double precision -rin file lookup file name SeqDist - pairwise distance matrix from a fasta file -in string fasta file name Options: -i output identifiers -rin string lookup file name SeqNoise - clusters sequences -in string sequence file name -din string distance matrix file name -out string cluster input file name -lin string list file Options: -min mapping file -v verbose -c double initial cut-off -s double precision -rin string lookup file name SplitClusterEven -din string dat filename -min string map filename -tin string tree filename -s split size -m min size AUTHOR
All software by Chris Quince (quince@civil.gla.ac.uk) This manpage by Tim Booth (tbooth@ceh.ac.uk) LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 (quince@civil.gla.ac.uk). All rights reserved. Released under the Lesser GPL. Permission is granted for anyone to copy, use, or modify these programs and documents for purposes of research or education, provided this copyright notice is retained, and note is made of any changes that have been made. perl v5.12.4 2011-04-28 AMPLICONNOISE(1)