Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers LENOVO ThinkPad T580 is crashing on Ubuntu 18.04 Post 303041028 by Circuits on Tuesday 12th of November 2019 11:07:46 AM
Old 11-12-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Did you search your filesystem for core files?

I am not sure what I am looking for. I am in the drivers directory now: @/lib/modules/5.0.0-32-generic/kernel/drivers. Should I be looking for graphics drivers? Perhaps I am misinterpreting your question?

@hicksd8 I am not sure what Ubuntu 18.04 live is. I will run the labtop on an external monitor today and see how that goes. If I were to try changing graphics adapter settings; are there any settings that you would recommend specifically?

Edit: Just a note. I went to: settings->details and clicked "Check for updates" and two system updates were downloaded. I restarted the computer and it went through a hardware update. I am not sure if that has fixed the problem but I will let you guys know if it does. Currently I have another monitor hooked up to the labtop and I am running it in mirror mode.

Last edited by Circuits; 11-12-2019 at 12:26 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help needed to configure GUI with Slackware 7 on an IBM Thinkpad Laptop

I am using Slackware 7 on my IBM Thinkpad. I am unable to configure it to display a graphical environment. Typing startx usually generates a few errors. The system, however, does boot into the shell environment without any issues or problems. I have been able to setup Slackware 7 successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrienb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Thinkpad 390X Fn

I have in my possession an IBM Thinkpad 390X. I havebeen using word and lately a function delaing with the Fn button have created problems. It acts as if Fn is depressed though it is not. When I depress Fn I can type normally, the keys it affects are J,K,L,:,U,I,O,P,M,<,>,? Does anyone know how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Word
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Kubuntu on (certain) Lenovo laptops not possible - reasons?

Hi. I've used the Wubi install of Ubuntu and Kubuntu on my Windows XP machine for close to half a year now. My brother has let me know of a program where he works by which they're getting rid of (with support negated) several Lenovo laptops, on which, he also informs me, the K 'flavor' of Ubuntu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Laptop

Is it possible to install Ubuntu 11.04 or Ubuntu 11.10 in Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Now it Powerd By windowd Xp Professional is it possible to install Ubuntu in it and supports all drivers for ma laptop such as VGA driver Sound,Wireless,Lan , fingerprint,camera pls reply r is it possible to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 on Thinkpad

Hi Folks! I use Solaris 10 on my desktop but would like to start using it on my laptop, which is a Thinkpad T400. I am moderately experienced in using Solaris but don't have much experience in installing it on anything other than my desktop. It seems I've managed to get it installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salinger
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to type ^ (caret) on Lenovo laptop?

Hi how to type " ^ " symbol in unix .. i am using a lenovo laptop ^ matches start of line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need to configure my laptop Thinkpad - T430 as wifi hotspot

Hi All, I have a Thinkpad - T430, which is having the wireless card as "03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205". This one i need to configure as wifi hotspot. which i believe need to configure hostapd.conf, this kind of configuration is new to me anybody done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris flicker on lenovo laptop x230

hi I installled Solaris 11.3 on my Lenovo X230 with Intel HD Graphics 4000, trouble is the graphic driver doesn't play well with 11.3, on the right of the screen, it blinking/flashing/shifting and no colour (grey; see pic below). I try to reduce resolution to 1024*768, I can't reduce the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
8 Replies

9. AIX

Lenovo v3700 v2 direct connect to AIX

i have directly connect AIX pwer 7 to lenovo v3700 v2 without San through fiber card. but i cannot see the WWPN to add AIX as host in management console. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
10 Replies
GERMINATE-PKG-DIFF(1)					  Ubuntu General Commands Manual				     GERMINATE-PKG-DIFF(1)

NAME
germinate-pkg-diff -- compare seeds against currently installed packages SYNOPSIS
germinate-pkg-diff [-l file] [-m {i|r|d}] [-a arch] [seeds] DESCRIPTION
germinate-pkg-diff compares the expansion of a list of seed packages against the set of packages installed on the current system. When con- structing seeds for a software distribution, it can be used to iteratively find packages installed on developers' systems that should be included in the seeds. A list of seeds against which to compare may be supplied as non-option arguments. Seeds from which they inherit will be added automatically. The default is 'desktop'. OPTIONS
-l, --list file Read the list of currently installed packages from file. The default is to read the output of dpkg --get-selections, and any supplied file should be in the same format. -m, --mode {i|r|d} Set the output mode as follows: i Show the dpkg selections needed to install just these seeds. List unseeded but installed files as ``deinstall'', and seeded but uninstalled files as ``install''. r List unseeded but installed files as ``install'', and seeded but uninstalled files as ``deinstall''. d Show the differences between the packages specified by the seeds and the list of installed packages, in a somewhat diff-like for- mat. -S, --seed-source source,... Fetch seeds from the specified sources. The default is http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/seeds/. -s, --seed-dist dist Fetch seeds for distribution dist. The default is ubuntu.precise. -d, --dist dist,... Operate on the specified distributions. The default is precise. Listing multiple distributions may be useful, for example, when exam- ining both a released distribution and its security updates. -a, --arch arch Operate on architecture arch. The default is i386. BUGS
--mode r is useless as dpkg --set-selections input. AUTHORS
Lamont Jones <lamont@ubuntu.com> Colin Watson <cjwatson@canonical.com> germinate-pkg-diff is copyright (C) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Canonical Ltd. See the GNU General Public License version 2 or later for copying conditions. A copy of the GNU General Public License is available in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. Ubuntu Jul 18, 2007 Ubuntu