Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL Performance Problems
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? MySQL Performance Problems Post 303041014 by Neo on Tuesday 12th of November 2019 09:19:51 AM
Old 11-12-2019
MySQL Performance Problems

Just restarted MySQL a few times.

There seems to be a problem with MySQL performance because one table (our man page table) is too large and I need to move that table to a new database and out of the main forums DB.

That table is over 7 GB, bigger than the rest of the DB combined:

Code:
	neo_man_page_entry	347,938 rows 	MyISAM utf8_bin	size 7.1 GiB

This weekend I will move this table outside of the main forum DB and into it's only separate DB.

Hopefully, this will solve the performance issues; or at least lead me to a solution. I apologize for this MySQL performance problem; it's my fault for moving the man pages to the DB and preformatting the pages and keeping those preformatted pages in the DB as well; and hopefully moving this table outside of the main forum DB will help.

Thanks for your patience.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance and paging problems

... a disk drive to be 100% busy? hdisk0 100.0 1.3K 342.7 1.3K 22.0 PgspIn 651 % Noncomp 75.5 hdisk1 100.0 1.3K 320.2 1.2K 20.0 PgspOut 6 % Client 75.5 It's really slowing down performance on my system and I would like to know what is causing this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

2. SCO

CPU Performance Problems on VMWARE

hi We have migrated SCO 5.0.6 into ESX4, but the VM eats 100% of the virtual CPU. Here is top print from the SCO VM: last pid: 16773; load averages: 1.68, 1.25, 0.98 02:08:41 79 processes: 75 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 onproc CPU states: 0.0% idle, 17.0% user,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 performance problems

Hello, I encounter some performance issues on my AIX 5.3 server running in a LPAR on a P520. How do I investigate performance issues in AIX. Is there any kind of procedure that takes me to the steps to investigate my server and find the sub systems that is causing the issues? The performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

4. Programming

Xlib - Rotation and interpolation of pixmap - Performance problems

I need to rotate a pixmap in XLib with some kind of interpolation to reduce the aliasing. I came up with the following code, which uses bilinear interpolation. It works fine: the rotated image looks perfect, but unfortunately it takes 5 or 6 seconds for each rotation. (in a 300x300, 16 colours... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies
grass-mesql(1grass)						Grass User's Manual					       grass-mesql(1grass)

NAME
grass-mesql - MySQL embedded driver MySQL embedded driver MySQL embedded driver in GRASS MySQL database driver in GRASS enables GRASS to store vector attributes in MySQL embedded database without necessity to run MySQL server. Driver and database name GRASS modules require 2 parameters to connect to a database. Those parameters are 'driver' and 'database'. For MySQL embedded driver the parameter 'driver' should be set to value 'mesql'. The parameter 'database' is a full path to the directory where database tables are stored. The best place is a directory in the mapset. The directory must be created before use of the driver. In the name of database it is possible to use 3 variables: $GISDBASE - path to current GISBASE $LOCATION_NAME - name of current location $MAPSET - name of current mapset Examples of connection parameters: db.connect driver=mesql database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/mysql' db.connect driver=mesql database=/home/user1/db Data types, indexes For more informations about supported data types and indexes see the documentation for MySQL (mysql) driver Database type Because database closing was found very slow if InnoDB was used, the InnoDB storage is disabled by default (hardcoded '--skip-innodb' server option). Note The embedded server is started with hardcoded '--bootstrap' option to avoid warning about missing mysql.time_zone_leap_second table. This can be fixed in future. SEE ALSO
db.connect, SQL support in GRASS GIS Credits Development of the driver was sponsored by Faunalia (Italy) as part of a project for ATAC. AUTHOR
Radim Blazek Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-mesql(1grass)