Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hostsfile generator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hostsfile generator Post 303040972 by Marti95 on Monday 11th of November 2019 07:49:45 AM
Old 11-11-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
man hosts:

Guessing ENTRIES is your array, how far would this get you:
Code:
for IN in $(sort -u <<< $(echo "${!ENTRIES[*]}" | tr ',' '\n'))
  do    [ ! "${IN/[A-Z]}" = "$IN" ] && break
        printf "%s %s %s %s\n" "${ENTRIES[$IN",IP"]}" "${ENTRIES[$IN",HOST1"]}" "${ENTRIES[$IN",HOST2"]}" "${ENTRIES[$IN",COMMENT"]}"
  done; 
111.122.133.101 15533-rdp1 rdp1 
111.122.133.102 15533-rdp2 rdp2 # RDP-Terminal 2
111.122.133.20 unas15533 unas # UNAS
111.122.133.77 15533-wlan wlan # WLAN Access Point

Thanks for your answer. But this does not work. It gives me nothing back.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Generator

I need a great Password Generator program. I looked at a few of them, but none of them seemed to be what I wanted. So I have decided to write my own. (That's the cool thing about being a programmer....I always get what I want in software :) ) Do you have any password generators that you... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date generator

Is there a command to generate the unix date that is in theshadow file?>? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare result lpstat with hostsfile

Hi there all, I got a long list of printers installed and a longer list of printers in my hosts file. In the hosts file I got a even longer list of printers in the hosts file I got the IP adress of all printers next to the printer name. How can I get a script working to get the printers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range generator

Dear All, I have a sorted file like 1 2 3 8 9 10 45 46 47 78 The output will be range like 1 3 8 10 45 47 78 78 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Sentence Generator

Hi, I need to create a table with random sentences. I need lines that are upto 1000 characters in lenght. I need a random sentence generator that will create sentences and output it to a text file. The sentences should be of lenght varying from 1 to 1000. Does anyone know how this can be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushys
7 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Barcode Generator

QR Code Generator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

time generator

Hi experts, I'd like to generate the table/file containing: number of milliseconds elapsed since midnight till midnight. It should contain 5 columns (hours minutes seconds milliseconds): Table will have theoretically 86 400 000 rows. My question is , is there somewhere the file or source... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generator script

Hello again unix.com people, I need your help again. I'm currently need a script that will generate ip ranges... lets say from 64.1.1.1 to 74.255.255.255 and the output should be like this: 64.1.1.2 64.1.1.3 ............. ............. 74.255.255.254 74.255.255.255 (line-by-line) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)