Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Discussion culture
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Discussion culture Post 303040945 by vbe on Sunday 10th of November 2019 10:56:14 AM
Old 11-10-2019
Greetings

I agree with all that has been written here so far, and to a certain extent explains why I have so little posts here for the time spent... I used to help by trying to get people involved in finding ( maybe together...) a solution, as in my opinion a solution you found, even if helped has far greater value, the sweat you put into finding your solution, you will always remember... anything given to you you have not past some time in brainstorming, thinking and most important understand, will not bring you anything, 4 months past you will ask the same question again... That is why I used to reply to un-replied but there doing so very often my attempt to help through asking the other party to invest some time and work ended stupidly by someone giving a solution and so I felt like a fool... It can be very frustrating when one wants to solve something in UNIX ( I understand using what UNIX offers without having to use a specific language, that means with commands and the power of the shell ) and someone comes along with a solution in awk, sed or Perl...
In other words, we all agree here on what we expected only we are not all the users.... and we have to accept others are very happy with any shortcuts that avoid them thinking and get them out of trouble, only you see next posts from the same asking why he tried to apply or modify for another server, or different apps etc... and it fails, and ask again help, only this time he can put some code, the given previously...
Unless the thread owner takes his responsibilities and replies to the shortcut offer, he is not interested because he wants to learn and mostly understand what he is doing, there is not much we can do to get people more verbous and accept to communicate and truly share...

RICHCOMM_USB(8) 						    NUT Manual							   RICHCOMM_USB(8)

NAME
richcomm_usb - Driver UPS equipment using Richcomm dry-contact to USB solution NOTE
This man page only documents the specific features of the richcomm_usb driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The Richcomm dry-contact to USB solution is a generic interface that is used to upgrade an existing (RS-232) contact closure UPS interface to USB. As such, all the limitations of the underlying contact closure interface apply. This means that you will only get the essentials in ups.status: OL, OB, and LB. See also genericups(8). BUGS
Most contact-closure UPSes will not power down the load if the line power is present. This can create a race when using slave upsmon(8) systems. See the upsmon(8) man page for more information. The solution to both of these problems is to upgrade to a smart protocol UPS of some kind that allows detection and proper load cycling on command. AUTHORS
Peter van Valderen <p.v.valderen at probu.nl>, Dirk Teurlings <dirk at upexia.nl> SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) The generic serial driver: genericups(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 RICHCOMM_USB(8)