Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed replace is giving me sore thumbs Post 303040906 by manas_ranjan on Friday 8th of November 2019 04:28:32 PM
Old 11-08-2019
it was with quotes, that's why was not showing it properly.
below one is the working one:
unless you have something else in mind.
Code:
sed -i -e "s/version=\"[[:digit:].]*/version=\"$new_version/g"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace ' with `

Dear All, I am writting a shell script program on AIX server version 5.3 in which I am doing cleaningprocess for files in which I am trying to replace ' with ` . and for this I am using following command: sed -e 's//$/g' -e 's/\\/\//g' -e 's/'/`/g' $file >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_dba01
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files Recursively *thumbs*.jpg

Greetings, I need to delete all files that contain the word thumbs. Those files are spread all throughout sub-directories in a file directory tree. Is there a script or single line command that will find all files with the word thumbs, and simply delete the file? For example: Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ..Chris..
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - how to replace ' with \'

Hello, I have problem I can't solve. My task is to replace all apostrophes in my music library eg. I'm free to I/'m free I can select ' (apostrophe), but I can't find "to" section.. '/ echo "I'm free" | sed 's/'\''/what_shell_i_put_here/g' many thanks in advance, peter (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: piogac6088
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace the a string in the same file using sed?

How do i replace a string using sed into the same file without creating a intermediate file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed in vi - \r and \n not giving desired results

I use many different machines at work, each with different versions of o/s's and installed applications. Sed in vi is particularly inconvenient in the sense that sometimes it will accept the "\r" as a carriage return, sometimes not. Same thing with "\n". For instance, if I have a list of hosts... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -i option giving error no such file or directory

I created a shell with sed -i option. It is giving error - No such file or directory Ex - sed -i 's/yes/no' yes.txt sed -i 's/why/where' yes.txt sed -i 's/when/how' yes.txt Error - :No such file or directory When I run single line in my script say sed -i 's/yes/no' yes.txt... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Replace

I have a file whose output words are always like this: aaaa bbbb cccc dddd. Trying to arrange the data so that there are 2 columns such that the 1st word become the 1st column like this: aaaa aaaa aaaa bbbb aaaa cccc aaaa dddd Trying to use awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
8 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)