Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature Post 303040813 by Neo on Thursday 7th of November 2019 07:40:59 AM
Old 11-07-2019
Hmmmmm ..... well I think I fixed the bug in trivia.. and so far it looks great after over 100 flawless log file entries, but I will wait until 1000 to "call it done".

Today, I coded some I very extensive logging going on which confirms all (client and server side), with triple checks and more.... and there are zero errors so far.

So, if you get a chance to play trivia today, that will help testing.

We are close to 10,000 answers submitted since initial release.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Science and Information Technology

Hi, I haven't posted on the forums for a while now, I tried to find the most appropriate section for this post, but if this is in the wrong section please forgive me. First, let me say I'm a sophomore in HS. I know that job wise I definitely want to do something in computers. A while ago I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
5 Replies

2. Programming

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer science.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Member and Country Computer Trivia Leaderboards

Thanks to Akshay, who helped me write the core MySQL queries, we now have two new draft leaderboards, by (1) member and by (2) country: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php Currently milhan leads the members with a high score of 90%: ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
mountd(1M)																mountd(1M)

NAME
mountd, rpc.mountd - server for NFS mount requests and NFS access checks SYNOPSIS
n] DESCRIPTION
is an RPC server that answers requests for NFS access information and file system mount requests. It reads the file to determine which file systems are available for mounting by which remote machines. See sharetab(4). running on the local server will contact the first time an NFS client tries to access the file system to determine whether the client should get read-write, read-only, or no access. This access can be dependent on the security mode used in the remote procedure call from the client. See share_nfs(1M). The command also provides information as to what file systems are mounted by which clients. This information can be printed using the showmount(1M) command. The daemon is automatically invoked if and in Only superuser can run the daemon. Options The following options are supported: This is an obsolete option. All messages and errors are logged to Reject mount requests from clients. Clients that have file systems mounted will not be affected. Specify tracing level n, where n can have one of the following values: Errors only (default). Errors, requests handled by mountd, results, and the names of the main functions leading to the result Run the command in verbose mode. Each time determines what access a client should get, it will log the result to the as well as the names of the main functions leading to the result. WARNINGS
If is running, must also be running in order to be assured that the NFS server can respond to requests. Some routines that compare hostnames use case-sensitive string comparisons; some do not. If an incoming request fails, verify that the case of the hostname in the file to be parsed matches the case of the hostname called for, and attempt the request again. If a client crashes, executing on the server will show that the client still has a file system mounted. In other words, stale entries may accumulate in for clients that crash without sending an unmount request. Also, if a client mounts the same remote directory twice, only one entry appears in Doing a of one of these directories removes the single entry and no longer indicates that the remote directory is mounted. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
shared file system table list of all hosts having file systems mounted from this machine rpc.mountd log file for messages and errors SEE ALSO
nfsd(1M), share(1M), share_nfs(1M), showmount(1M), sharetab(4). mountd(1M)