Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Grep mpath disk name from lsblk command Post 303040794 by Neo on Thursday 7th of November 2019 02:54:27 AM
Old 11-07-2019
Well, there are better ways do to this, but for fun:

Code:
lsblk | tail -1 | sed 's/└─//'| awk -F " " '{print $1}'

You can see this chars in bash:

Code:
bash# for i in 6a 6b 6c 6d 6e 71 74 75 76 77 78; do printf "\x1b(0\x$i\x1b(B\n\n"; done
┘

┐

┌

└

┼

─

├

┤

┴

┬

│

I would do this another way (I prefer to filter text with PHP), but this is a gentle reminder that there is a char (maybe 2) you need to filter out.

How you filter that, is up to you.

If you are bent on using awk, filter with awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

disk command

Does anyone know a command in solaris that shows all disk space, ie how big the installed disks are all SAN storage devices All i want is a command that outputs the server config with number of disk, size and san stroage. i am a solaris admin i have done the followinf but none really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to know disk controllers in a machine

Hi!! I am these days working on a project, where I need to know about the disk controllers available in a machine (e.g., 3ware,IBM,etc). Please, let me know the command by which I can get the information. thnx, priyanka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2priyanka
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk usage command on unix?

hi, Can anyone tell me how I make a tree on the console showing the largest folders on my UNIX system? I want to know where are located the biggest files so I can free some disk space. thanks a lot. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandoura
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to exclude the GREP command from GREP

I am doing "ps -f" to see my process. but I get lines that one of it represents the ps command itself. I want to grep it out using -v flag, but than I get another process that belongs to the GREP itself : I would like to exclude # ps -f UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix - Disk usage command

Hi, I need a command that gives me the user who is using more space in the unix box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abinaya
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Command for cumulative disk space

I wanted to know the Red Hat Linux command for cumulative disk space usage and the free space as df -h gives used and free space individually for the drives. Or, a command to check free space on the server would also be fine. I hope, my question is clear. Please revert with the reply to my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk : to grep only required pattern disk

Hi Experts, Need help with the following: Desired output: Only want to get the output marked in green. The file: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/disk/disk4704 PV Status available Total PE 6399 Free PE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing lsblk output

lsblk -o NAME | grep -A1 -w "sdh" |grep -v "sdh" └─mpathw Note the above output I would like to create variable called $MPATH echo $MPATH using the input of the above echo $MPATH mpatchw Basically, I am trying to grab the NAME after the bar/dash configuration ------ Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JAW
1 Replies
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)

SYNOPSIS
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep - search log messages for a given pattern DESCRIPTION
The Grep filter requires a single Perl pattern (regular expression) as its argument. The pattern is then applied to the svn:log property of each revision it receives. If the pattern matches, the revision is allowed to continue down the pipeline. If the pattern fails to match, the pipeline immediately skips to the next revision. The pattern is applied with the /i modifier (case insensitivity). If you want case-sensitivity or other modifications to the behavior of your pattern, you must use the "(?imsx-imsx)" extended pattern (see "perldoc perlre" for details). For example, to search for log messages that match exactly the characters "foo" you might use svk log --filter "grep (?-i)foo" However, to search for "foo" without regards for case, one might try svk log --filter "grep foo" The result of any capturing parentheses inside the pattern are not available. If demand dictates, the Grep filter could be modified to place the captured value somewhere in the stash for other filters to access. If the pattern contains a pipe character ('|'), it must be escaped by preceding it with a '' character. Otherwise, the portion of the pattern after the pipe character is interpreted as the name of a log filter. STASH
/PROPERTY MODIFICATIONS Grep leaves all properties and the stash intact. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)