Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Half part of devices is in defined mode Post 303040782 by mcgvaer on Wednesday 6th of November 2019 04:16:39 PM
Old 11-06-2019
Do you mean turn off server and after turning it on. If yes, I did it, and it not helped(

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Convet Linux OS from text mode to graphic mode

Hi All, I used to have my suse linux(VM) server in graphic mode but not anymore since morning. I cant rolback since i loose somuch work. Any idea how to it back to normal. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between single line mode and multiline mode in Regular expressions?

Hi All, Can please let me know what is the difference between the single line mode and multi line mode in regular expresions? Thanks, Chidhambaram B (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
3 Replies

4. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

From a C++ application how to find if a hpux host is in standard mode or trusted mode

is there a way for my C++ application to find out which mode the hpux OS is running in? standard mode or trusted mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies
x_dialtest(6)							  Games and Demos						     x_dialtest(6)

NAME
x_dialtest - Xview demonstration and test program for SunDials SYNOPSIS
/usr/demo/DIALBOX/x_dialtest DESCRIPTION
x_dialtest is an Xview application that displays a window with eight dials, corresponding to the dials on the SunDials dialbox. To deter- mine if the dialbox has been set up correctly, turn a dial on the dialbox. If the dialbox is functional and correctly interfaced, turning a dial by hand will make the corresponding dial in the window turn a similar amount. The dials do not have any notion of absolute angular position. It is changes in current angular position that are sent to the host applica- tion. Thus there is no notion of resetting the position of the dials on the dialbox hardware. The Diagnostic button on the panel is a demo mode of the x_dialtest program. The pointer of each of the dials in the window is rotated one full circle and then disappears in turn. When all eight dials have been rotated, the display dial pointers are reset to their previous rotational positions. The only diagnostic done on the dialbox is a firmware self check. If this self check passes, then "OK." is sent to the standard output of the demo program. The Ram Dump button on the panel arranges to place some firmware data into the file ram_dump.dat in the current directory. It is intended for factory diagnostics use and is not publicly documented further. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bdconfig(1M), attributes(5), x_buttontest(6), bd(7M), streamio(7I) SunOS 5.10 1 Jan 1997 x_dialtest(6)