Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers TCL script to extract the file name and then create two independent list Post 303040731 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 5th of November 2019 04:44:33 PM
Old 11-05-2019
[My tcl knowledge is limited,]
Do you know the two values pkram and sysram in advance? Then you can use two globs:
glob -type f modified_rtl_files/*/*{wrapper_hsm_pkram}* and
glob -type f modified_rtl_files/*/*{wrapper_hsm_sysram}*
And construct each variable separately from it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract columns from 2 different files and create new file

Hi All, I have 2 issues while working with file. 1. I have 2 delimited(~) files. I want to extract column numbner 3 from file1 and column number 8 from file2 and paste it into file3. I have tried using cut, but not able to get answer. 2. i have 2 filxed-width file. I wanted to do same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract some parts of a file to create some outfile

Hi All, I am very new in programming. I need some help. I have one input file like: Number of disabled taxa: 9 Loading mapping file: ncbi.map Load mapping: taxId2TaxLevel: 469951 --- Subsample reads (20%): 66680 of 334386 Processing: tree-from-summary Running tree-from-summary... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: iammitra
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server 20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format the complete route is /dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt I need to create Parameters.txt with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel1001
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want a tcl script to compare a string in a file ignoring white spaces

Hi , I want a tcl script to search a string ignoring whitespaces in a .log file . It should correctly match . The string are as follows "Output-Maps 1 1 0 0 0" 1 and Active Intermediate-Maps 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulua
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of files from alias by script

Actually I have many pictures with diferent name and size around 2000, I need generate a copy of them from one list of alias. The structure of the list is something like this: alias_list.txt <01>randomname.png<02> Randomname.png RandoMname.png RandOmname.png RandomnamE.png... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TCL script to insert some text on a file

Hi All , I am looking to create one TCL script to insert one text based on some regular expression match on one file as stated below Input File module (mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2 , ran1 , ran2 , tri2 , tri8 , fly1 , fly2 , san2 ); output ran1 , ran2 , tri2 ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL script to capture range of lines and create two independent variables

Hi I am having a code as stated below module abcd( a , b , c ,da , fa, na , ta , ma , ra , ta, la , pa ); input a , b, da ,fa , na , ta , ma; output c , ra ,ta , la ,pa ; wire a , b , da , fa ,na , ta , ma; // MBIST Structures... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
PTARGREP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PTARGREP(1)

NAME
ptargrep - Apply pattern matching to the contents of files in a tar archive SYNOPSIS
ptargrep [options] <pattern> <tar file> ... Options: --basename|-b ignore directory paths from archive --ignore-case|-i do case-insensitive pattern matching --list-only|-l list matching filenames rather than extracting matches --verbose|-v write debugging message to STDERR --help|-? detailed help message DESCRIPTION
This utility allows you to apply pattern matching to the contents of files contained in a tar archive. You might use this to identify all files in an archive which contain lines matching the specified pattern and either print out the pathnames or extract the files. The pattern will be used as a Perl regular expression (as opposed to a simple grep regex). Multiple tar archive filenames can be specified - they will each be processed in turn. OPTIONS
--basename (alias -b) When matching files are extracted, ignore the directory path from the archive and write to the current directory using the basename of the file from the archive. Beware: if two matching files in the archive have the same basename, the second file extracted will overwrite the first. --ignore-case (alias -i) Make pattern matching case-insensitive. --list-only (alias -l) Print the pathname of each matching file from the archive to STDOUT. Without this option, the default behaviour is to extract each matching file. --verbose (alias -v) Log debugging info to STDERR. --help (alias -?) Display this documentation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Grant McLean <grantm@cpan.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2014-09-30 PTARGREP(1)