Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Format specifier for sscanf() in C Post 303040697 by MadeInGermany on Monday 4th of November 2019 04:38:28 PM
Old 11-04-2019
The code that you provided stops at line 8 with exit 1:
Code:
    printf("%s: %s\n", name, str1);         //puts() always adds newline at the end of the string
        //printf("%d\n", i); 
    i++;                                    //increment of record count
    if (i > 8) exit (EXIT_FAILURE);       //truncate the input file, need improved

If I remove that then I get a sgmentation fault.
In the code that you provided there are two mistakes, here is one correction
Code:
typedef struct {
    char ID[32];

Further, you mix up line numbers with record numbers.
If variable i is supposed to increment with every record starting with "Sample Name" then you can have
Code:
    if (strstr(name, "Sample Name") != NULL) {
        i++;                                    //increment of record count
        strcpy(record[i].ID, name);
    }

and no increment for every line!
And in order to start with index 0 the initialization should be
Code:
    static int i = -1;           //initialize counter

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 11-04-2019 at 06:44 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sscanf function is failing

Please delete this thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
0 Replies

2. Programming

sscanf !!

I have a string Form this string, I want to extract I am unable to do that with sscanf because of the space between the words. What else can I use? #include <stdio.h> char buf_2; int main() { char *buf_1 = "\\\\?\\whats going on"; sscanf(buf_1,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf formatting using string format specifier.

Hi all, My simple AWK code does C = A - B If C can be a negative number, how awk printf formating handles it using string format specifier. Thanks in advance Kanu :confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

4. Programming

help with sscanf()!

Hi everybody, i need help with this function, i'm programming in CGI with C and i can't make this work. QUERY_STRING is something like: user=MYUSER&pass=MYPASS So, what i want is to store the strings containing the username and the password into str1 and str2 respetively, here's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

5. Programming

help with sscanf

I need to match a float inside a very long string (about 5000 chars) with sscanf. (I trimmed the string in this example.) I can't seem to match all the chars that come before and after the float. int main(void) { char A = ""; strcat(A, " hello world! WORD' name='5.3498' hello world! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help with sscanf

sscanf does not stop at the first "&". How can I extract "doe" ? char A = "name=john&last=doe&job=vacant&"; char B = "last"; char C = ""; char *POINTER = strstr(A, B); sscanf(POINTER + strlen(B), "=%s%*", C); printf("%s\n", C); // doe&job=vacant& (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

7. Programming

using sscanf

How can I separetely extract the string and int after "dribble" ? (sscanf must limit TEXT to 9 chars to avoid buffer overflows.) How come this code does not work with "dribbletext08" but does with "dribbletext05" ? int main(void) { char TEXT = ""; int NUMBER = 0; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

9. Programming

sscanf() weired behaviour

Hi with the following code int a, b; while ((n = readline (connfd, buf, sizeof(buf)-1)) > 0) { buf = '\0'; if (sscanf(buf,"%d %d",&a,&b) != 2) snprintf (buf, sizeof(buf), "data error\r\n"); else { printf("\nRecvd %d and %d",a,b); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princebadshah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format

"Help Me" Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format in a unix server. Please suggest (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kranthi Kumar
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)