Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Discrepancies Between Our Mobile Detection Code and Google Analytics Regarding Chinese User Agents Post 303040671 by Neo on Sunday 3rd of November 2019 08:38:40 PM
Old 11-03-2019
I keep alternating from 403'ing these mobile Chinese UAs or not.

I assume they are bots, but they are disguising that they are bogs by constantly changing IP addresses.

They are not interacting with the site, posting, answering trivia, etc; so it seems the probability is very high they are bots for sure.

They definitely slow the site down and do not add any value.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Search and Replace Question for Google Analytics

Well, I'm losing my regex ability in sed! Please help. I need to search for this text in multiple html files in a directory: </body> and add the following lines in front of the text above: <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
11 Replies

2. Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome Mobile?

I know that Google Chrome came out with the Android under a Unix based system, but did it come out yet for Windows Mobile? I have Windows Mobile 6 on my device. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Agents Identifier

Hi, Can anyone help me write a script tp determine the web browser from a user agent. A user agent is stored in a file and consists of hundreds of lines e.g. 37050 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko 29404 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

4. Web Development

Quick Fix for Google Search Console "Page is not mobile friendly"

Over the past 10 plus years, we have countless posts where the user did not use CODE tags or they used ICODE tags incorrectly. This has has the results of this site penalized by Google for having pages which are "not mobile friendly". So, working quietly in the background, in the thankless... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Google Search Console - Mobile Usability - No Errors or Issues - New Milestone

For the first time in the history of the site Google Search Console (GSC) has unix.com showing "no mobile viewability errors". This is no small achievement considering the hundreds of thousand of lines of legacy code we run at a site which has been around much longer than Facebook or LinkedIn: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
XmDropSiteRegister(library call)										  XmDropSiteRegister(library call)

NAME
XmDropSiteRegister -- A Drag and Drop function that identifies a drop site and assigns resources that specify its behavior SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/DragDrop.h> void XmDropSiteRegister( Widget widget, ArgList arglist, Cardinal argcount); DESCRIPTION
XmDropSiteRegister identifies the specified widget or gadget as a drop site and sets resource values that define the drop site's behavior. The routine assigns default values to any resources that are not specified in the argument list. The toolkit generates a warning message if a drop site is registered with XmNdropSiteActivity set to XmDROP_SITE_ACTIVE and the XmNdropProc resource is NULL. If the drop site is a descendant of a widget that is registered as a drop site, the XmNdropSiteType resource of the ancestor drop site must be specified as XmDROP_SITE_COMPOSITE. The ancestor must be registered before the descendant. The drop site is stacked above all other sib- ling drop sites already registered. widget Specifies the ID of the widget to be registered. arglist Specifies the argument list. argcount Specifies the number of attribute/value pairs in the argument list (arglist). For a complete definition of DropSite and its associated resources, see XmDropSite(3). RELATED
XmDisplay(3), XmDropSite(3), XmDropSiteEndUpdate(3), XmDropSiteStartUpdate(3), XmDropSiteUpdate(3), XmDropSiteUnregister(3), and XmScreen(3). XmDropSiteRegister(library call)