Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Columns to rows
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Columns to rows Post 303040644 by RudiC on Sunday 3rd of November 2019 03:14:35 AM
Old 11-03-2019
Code:
awk -F, '
NR < 6          {PRFX = PRFX DL $2
                 DL = FS
                 T[NR] = $0
                 next
                }
NR == 6         {for (i=1; i<6; i++) print PRFX, T[i]
                }
                {print PRFX, $0
                }
' OFS=, file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

# of rows and columns

Hi, Does anyone know the command to know the # of rows and columns for a file? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns into rows

Hi, Let me know how to achieve the below requirment Input: ======== BEGIN DSSUBRECORD Name "DOC_NO_2" SqlType "-5" Precision "0" Scale "0" Nullable "0" END DSSUBRECORD BEGIN DSSUBRECORD Name "FROM_LOC" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramya_1104
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rows into columns?

I have a file thats space delimited that looks something like this: Joe Smith jsmith 43234 bill1;bill2;read;read2;schedule Andy Summers asummers 11232 bill1;read Beth McConnel bmconnel 43443 read;read2;schedule;bill Susan Fowler sfowler 09332 bill1;read;schedule I need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexnub
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rows to columns

Hi Friends, I have a input file as below. how to convert rows to columns? Friday:recharge 3861140 Monday:recharge 4036228 Saturday:recharge 3996376 Sunday:recharge 3777749 Thursday:recharge 3858537 Tuesday:recharge 4047045 Wednesday:recharge 3954798 desinred output Sunday ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rows into Columns

Input File vCenter Servers: 172.28.173.207: vCenter Server connectivity status: Accessible ESX servers: Name: nyp-vhst1001-at.hq.nt.life.com IP address: 10.34.36.11 Virtual machines: Name:nyp-bbmds-at Ip address: 172.28.173.139 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greycells
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rows to Columns

Hi Guru's, I have a requirement where i need to convert rows to column based on a key column. Input: Account_id|Trip_Org|Trip_Dest|City|Hotel_Nm 123|DFW|CHI|Dallas|Hyatt 123|LAS|LPA|Vegas|Hyatt Palace Output:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns match on two rows

Hi all, I know this sounds suspiciously like a homework course; but, it is not. My goal is to take a file, and match my "ID" column to the "Date" column, if those conditions are true, add the total number of minutes worked and place it in this file, while not printing the original rows that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtucker6784
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rows to columns

Hi, I have a text file with records as below Service Contract: Account Type: Client Number: Group Number: Account Currency: I want to print 2nd,3rd and 5th as a separate column, like -> Account Type: ,Client Number: ,Account Currency: How can I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsid
1 Replies
Template::Plugin::Table(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Template::Plugin::Table(3pm)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Table - Plugin to present data in a table SYNOPSIS
[% USE table(list, rows=n, cols=n, overlap=n, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item IN table.row(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH item IN table.col(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH row IN table.rows %] [% FOREACH item IN row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] [% FOREACH col IN table.cols %] [% col.first %] - [% col.last %] ([% col.size %] entries) [% END %] DESCRIPTION
The "Table" plugin allows you to format a list of data items into a virtual table. When you create a "Table" plugin via the "USE" directive, simply pass a list reference as the first parameter and then specify a fixed number of rows or columns. [% USE Table(list, rows=5) %] [% USE table(list, cols=5) %] The "Table" plugin name can also be specified in lower case as shown in the second example above. You can also specify an alternative variable name for the plugin as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mydata = table(list, rows=5) %] The plugin then presents a table based view on the data set. The data isn't actually reorganised in any way but is available via the "row()", "col()", "rows()" and "cols()" as if formatted into a simple two dimensional table of "n" rows x "n" columns. So if we had a sample "alphabet" list contained the letters '"a"' to '"z"', the above "USE" directives would create plugins that represented the following views of the alphabet. [% USE table(alphabet, ... %] rows=5 cols=5 a f k p u z a g m s y b g l q v b h n t z c h m r w c i o u d i n s x d j p v e j o t y e k q w f l r x We can request a particular row or column using the "row()" and "col()" methods. [% USE table(alphabet, rows=5) %] [% FOREACH item = table.row(0) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ a f k p u z ] in turn [% END %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(2) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ m n o p q r ] in turn [% END %] Data in rows is returned from left to right, columns from top to bottom. The first row/column is 0. By default, rows or columns that contain empty values will be padded with the undefined value to fill it to the same size as all other rows or columns. For example, the last row (row 4) in the first example would contain the values "[ e j o t y undef ]". The Template Toolkit will safely accept these undefined values and print a empty string. You can also use the IF directive to test if the value is set. [% FOREACH item = table.row(4) %] [% IF item %] Item: [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] You can explicitly disable the "pad" option when creating the plugin to returned shortened rows/columns where the data is empty. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(4) %] # [% item %] set to each of 'y z' [% END %] The "rows()" method returns all rows/columns in the table as a reference to a list of rows (themselves list references). The "row()" methods when called without any arguments calls "rows()" to return all rows in the table. Ditto for "cols()" and "col()". [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% FOREACH item = row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] The Template Toolkit provides the "first", "last" and "size" virtual methods that can be called on list references to return the first/last entry or the number of entries in a list. The following example shows how we might use this to provide an alphabetical index split into 3 even parts. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=3, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH group = table.col %] [ [% group.first %] - [% group.last %] ([% group.size %] letters) ] [% END %] This produces the following output: [ a - i (9 letters) ] [ j - r (9 letters) ] [ s - z (8 letters) ] We can also use the general purpose "join" virtual method which joins the items of the list using the connecting string specified. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% row.join(' - ') %] [% END %] Data in the table is ordered downwards rather than across but can easily be transformed on output. For example, to format our data in 5 columns with data ordered across rather than down, we specify "rows=5" to order the data as such: a f . . b g . c h d i e j and then iterate down through each column (a-e, f-j, etc.) printing the data across. a b c d e f g h i j . . . Example code to do so would be much like the following: [% USE table(alphabet, rows=3) %] [% FOREACH cols = table.cols %] [% FOREACH item = cols %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] Output: a b c d e f g h i j . . . In addition to a list reference, the "Table" plugin constructor may be passed a reference to a Template::Iterator object or subclass thereof. The Template::Iterator get_all() method is first called on the iterator to return all remaining items. These are then available via the usual Table interface. [% USE DBI(dsn,user,pass) -%] # query() returns an iterator [% results = DBI.query('SELECT * FROM alphabet ORDER BY letter') %] # pass into Table plugin [% USE table(results, rows=8 overlap=1 pad=0) -%] [% FOREACH row = table.cols -%] [% row.first.letter %] - [% row.last.letter %]: [% row.join(', ') %] [% END %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.14.2 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::Table(3pm)