Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature Post 303040612 by Neo on Friday 1st of November 2019 11:48:06 PM
Old 11-02-2019
I also just noticed that line breaks in question string in the JSON response will cause a problem so, for now, I am stripping out line breaks, like this:

Code:
$question = str_replace(array("\n", "\r"), '', $question );

I hope I have trapped all the issues which cause bugs when processing the JSON AJAX response, but I doubt it..... Smilie

In addition, I have added the database id to the text box so if there are any questions or issues, we have the id to reference, for example:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Science and Information Technology

Hi, I haven't posted on the forums for a while now, I tried to find the most appropriate section for this post, but if this is in the wrong section please forgive me. First, let me say I'm a sophomore in HS. I know that job wise I definitely want to do something in computers. A while ago I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
5 Replies

2. Programming

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer science.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Member and Country Computer Trivia Leaderboards

Thanks to Akshay, who helped me write the core MySQL queries, we now have two new draft leaderboards, by (1) member and by (2) country: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php Currently milhan leads the members with a high score of 90%: ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
json::write(n)							       JSON							    json::write(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
json::write - JSON generation SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.5 package require json::write ?1? ::json::write indented ::json::write indented flag ::json::write aligned ::json::write aligned flag ::json::write string s ::json::write array arg... ::json::write object key value... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The json::write package provides a simple Tcl-only library for generation of text in the JSON http://www.json.org/ data exchange format as specified in RFC 4627 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt. COMMANDS
::json::write indented This method returns the current state of the indentation setting. ::json::write indented flag This and the method aligned configure the layout of the JSON generated by the package. If this flag is set (default) the package will break the generated JSON code across lines and indent it according to its inner structure, with each key of an object on a separate line. If this flag is not set, the whole JSON object will be written on a single line, with minimum spacing between all elements. ::json::write aligned This method returns the current state of the alignment setting. ::json::write aligned flag This and the method indented configure the layout of the JSON generated by the package. If this flag is set (default) the package ensures that the values for the keys in an object are vertically aligned with each other, for a nice table effect. To make this work this also implies that indented is set as well. If this flag is not set, the output is formatted as per the value of indented, without trying to align the values for object keys. ::json::write string s This method takes the string s and returns it properly quoted for JSON as its result. ::json::write array arg... This method takes a series of JSON formatted arguments and returns them as a properly formatted JSON array as its result. ::json::write object key value... This method takes a series of key/value arguments, the values already formatted for JSON, and returns them as a properly formatted JSON object as its result, with the keys formatted as JSON strings. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category json of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
data exchange, exchange format, javascript, json CATEGORY
CGI programming COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@sourceforge.net> json 1.0 json::write(n)