Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding sequential index to duplicate strings Post 303040541 by jerrild on Thursday 31st of October 2019 05:21:33 AM
Old 10-31-2019
Thanks that worked perfectly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading special characters while converting sequential file to line sequential

We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding field of flatfile by an index.

Hey guys, I was given a task that involved parcing a large file that looked somthing like this... A1-0999999,SMITH,.25 A1-0999999,JOHN,.75 A1-0999999,HELMET,.1.25 A1-0999999,HOOP,.10.25 D1-1212121,SMITH,4.00 D1-1212121,TH,9.00 D1-1212121,MITCH,10.20 D1-1212121,RETAL,3.00 A1-9909555,,3.00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate index names renamed

Hello everyone ! Please have a minute and see if you know how to script this I have a file like this: "create table .... ... create index n112 on ... ... create table ... .... create index n113 on... ... create table ... create index n112 on ...! duplicate ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sotoc79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new column as sequential number but with a little complication

I am a newbie to shell programming and maybe somebody can help me out a little. Here's my problem: I got a PIPE delimited file with header record. I need to add a new column name as RECORDKEY. I would like to use a counter to generate this new value for each record. I plan to do a while loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnhips
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting lines between two strings with duplicate set of data

if I have the following lines in a file app.log some lines here <AAAA> abc <id>123456789</id> ddd </AAAA>some lines here too <BBBB> abc <id>123456789</id> ddd </BBBB>some lines here too <AAAA> xyz <id>987654321</id> ssss </AAAA>some lines here again... How do I get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nariwithu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate strings in a line

Hi, i need help to remove duplicates in my file. The problem is i need to delete one duplicate for each line only. the input file as follows and it is not tab delimited:- The output need to remove 2nd word (in red) that duplicate with 1st word (in blue). Other duplicates should remained... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate value with different index

Hello Gents, Please give a help with this case Input 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G2 10001010G3 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001014G1 10001014G1 10001014G2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines containing 2 or more duplicate strings

Within my text file i have several thousand lines of text with some lines containing duplicate strings/words. I would like to entirely remove those lines which contain the duplicate strings. Eg; One and a Two Unix.com is the Best This as a Line Line Example duplicate sentence with the word... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
22 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Relocation strings using awk/sed from a index file

Hi All, I'd always appreciate all helps from this website. I would like to relocate strings based on the index number from an index file. Index numbers are shown on the first column in the index file (index.txt) and I would like to relocate "path" based on index numbers. Paths are placed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
11 Replies
fcache_seqlimit_system(5)					File Formats Manual					 fcache_seqlimit_system(5)

NAME
fcache_seqlimit_system - percentage of file cache that can be consumed by sequential accesses, per system-wide limit VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values The minimum value allowed is The maximum value allowed is Specify a positive integer value. DESCRIPTION
This parameter places a system-wide limit on how much memory can be consumed in the file cache by sequential accesses. It is important to note the relationship between this tunable and the per-file limit tunable, These two tunables, in conjunction, control how much memory in the file cache can be consumed by sequential accesses. When sequential accesses to a file has exceeded the per-file limit AND the system-wide limit, the excess file cache pages are paged out. Note that both limits have to be reached in order for page stealing to occur. For example, a file can exceed its limit if the limit has not been reached. Similarly, no page stealing occurs if none of the files on the system has exceeded the per-file limit, even if the sys- tem-wide limit has been hit. The page stealing feature is specific to improving sequential I/O performance for large files. Limiting file cache memory consumption helps alleviate memory pressure in the file cache. It also prevents cache wiping -- a single thread sequentially accessing a large file can wipe out the existing contents of the file cache. Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators that run applications which do large sequential file I/O's. Typically, these files are larger than the size of phys- ical memory on the system. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? When you wish to allow greater file cache consumption due to sequential accesses. Setting and to 100 effectively disables the sequential access page stealing feature. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Setting the tunable too high may yield poor performance for large sequential I/O's for large files (larger than physical memory size). and should be tuned appropriately for the anticipated workload. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? When you wish to limit file cache consumption due to sequential accesses. Setting and to 0 forces sequential access page stealing to always occur. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Could cause more pageouts to occur in an attempt to limit the file cache consumption. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? and should be changed at the same time. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fcache_seqlimit_file(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters fcache_seqlimit_system(5)