Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text editing/manipulation
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Text editing/manipulation Post 303040489 by RudiC on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 08:38:49 AM
Old 10-30-2019
Try
Code:
awk '/SAMPLE/ {printf "%s", $2; next} {$0 = "\t" $0; print}'  file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Editing

Hello everybody, I have a sorted text file. some of the lines appear twice or even more. is there an unix utility that removes the extra appearences? Thanks, Ido. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginodii
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text editing on iPhone using ed

Hi all, I'm trying to edit a file using ed on an iphone. I am trying to edit a conf file and have managed to get to the directory where the default.conf file is located, however, when I type ed default.conf all i get is a number and then a blank line and a question mark which is why I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drewcifer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file editing

Hi, I need some help in text manipulation. I have an input file like this: 7629 "WPCW 19 - CW/AM1, WPCB 40 - FAMN/CORNER, WPCB-DT1 50 - FAMN/CORNER, " W35AW - Various Shopping Pgms W41CF - TBN W47CV - TBN WLLS-LP 49 - AM1 WATCH WPXI 11 N & WPIX 11 CW 1234 "WPCW 19 - CW/AM1,... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: injeti
26 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text editing script does everything but edit text.

I wrote this script to create and edit a large number of websites based on a template site and a collection of text files which have the relevant strings in them delimited by colons. I run it and the shell doesn't produce any errors, but when it gets to the for loop where it actually has to edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afroCluster
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing text using AWK

France : 40 : John Persia : 50 : John -----Database What i am trying to achieve is to search for a book, and replave the title with the new title echo -n "Title:" read Title echo -n "Author:" read Author echo "new Title" read NewTitle awk 'BEGIN {... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Text manipulation... [HELP]

I need to know how can I remove all word after comma on each line. Like: jjkj,iiuiui,ijlkjkij,ookoo kijljlj,jhhkj,ijijkijkj,oijkijj kjkljlkj,kjkjlkjlkj,opok,okop to jjkj, kijljlj, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slutb3
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation help

Hello again unix.com How can I extract from a large file in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins Location of this member is bla bla bla sun@hotmail.com Sun Ying This member is using browser bla bla bla to another text in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins sun@hotmail.com sun ying ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation help

Hello Unix.com, How can i generate links like this: i got http://upload.com/1/1.txt and i need to generate links from http://upload.com/1/1.txt to http://upload.com/1000/1000.txt Thanks in advance, Galford D. Weller (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk text editing

Dear all, I'm starting to learn programming, and I'm having some problem with awk text editing. I'm having a huge text file, and my goal is to print "something" before every 4th row starting from the second row. File example: AAAAA BBBBBB CCCCC DDDDD AAAAAAA BBBBBBBB CCCCCCC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Higgo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert vi editing to text editing

Dear Guru's I'm using Putty and want to edit a file. I know we generally use vi editor to do it. As I'm not good in using vi editor, I want to convert the vi into something like text pad. Is there any option in Putty to do the same ? Thanks for your response. Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)