Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved. Post 303040469 by Neo on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 02:40:02 AM
Old 10-30-2019
OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable).

That problem has been resolved.

Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was.

Total down time was 30 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Booting up problem after power outage

hi guys, i'm new so don't bite too hard. having a problem booting up a V210 running sol9 on after a power outage... an init5 was done but not a init0 before the power cut... so now when booting up it gives the ff: SC Alert: Host System has Reset Probing system devices Probing memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lungsta
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. AIX

Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center

i am new to aix environment and all my servers are @ remote location just curious to know , what issues/tasks we will be facing when there is a power outage in a data centre, i heard outage's will be a challenging task for administrators.. any example of that sort will be a great help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rigin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure rate of a node / Data center

Hi, Please, i have a history of the state of each node in my data center. an history about the failure of my cluster (UN: node up, DN: node down). Here is some lines of the history: 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.1 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.2 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.3 08:53:50 DN 127.0.0.1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :)

Three days ago we received an expected notice from our long time data center that they were going dark on Sept 12th. About one and a half hours ago, after three days of marathon work, I just cut over the unix.com to a new data center with a completely new OS and Ubuntu distribution. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
shishi_keys_to_keytab_file(3)					      shishi					     shishi_keys_to_keytab_file(3)

NAME
shishi_keys_to_keytab_file - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_keys_to_keytab_file(Shishi * handle, Shishi_keys * keys, const char * filename); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle shishi handle as allocated by shishi_init(). Shishi_keys * keys keyset to write. const char * filename name of file to write. DESCRIPTION
Write keys to a MIT keytab data structure. The format of keytab's is proprietary, and this function writes the 0x0502 format. See the section The MIT Kerberos Keytab Binary File Format in the Shishi manual for a description of the reverse-engineered format. RETURNS
SHISHI_FOPEN_ERROR if there is a problem opening filename for writing, SHISHI_IO_ERROR if there is problem writing the file, and SHISHI_OK on success. SINCE
0.0.42 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_keys_to_keytab_file(3)