Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved. Post 303040469 by Neo on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 02:40:02 AM
Old 10-30-2019
OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable).

That problem has been resolved.

Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was.

Total down time was 30 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Booting up problem after power outage

hi guys, i'm new so don't bite too hard. having a problem booting up a V210 running sol9 on after a power outage... an init5 was done but not a init0 before the power cut... so now when booting up it gives the ff: SC Alert: Host System has Reset Probing system devices Probing memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lungsta
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. AIX

Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center

i am new to aix environment and all my servers are @ remote location just curious to know , what issues/tasks we will be facing when there is a power outage in a data centre, i heard outage's will be a challenging task for administrators.. any example of that sort will be a great help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rigin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure rate of a node / Data center

Hi, Please, i have a history of the state of each node in my data center. an history about the failure of my cluster (UN: node up, DN: node down). Here is some lines of the history: 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.1 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.2 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.3 08:53:50 DN 127.0.0.1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :)

Three days ago we received an expected notice from our long time data center that they were going dark on Sept 12th. About one and a half hours ago, after three days of marathon work, I just cut over the unix.com to a new data center with a completely new OS and Ubuntu distribution. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. Every twenty problems, it publishes statis- tics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +- Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. ARITHMETIC(6)