Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved. Post 303040469 by Neo on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 02:40:02 AM
Old 10-30-2019
OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable).

That problem has been resolved.

Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was.

Total down time was 30 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Booting up problem after power outage

hi guys, i'm new so don't bite too hard. having a problem booting up a V210 running sol9 on after a power outage... an init5 was done but not a init0 before the power cut... so now when booting up it gives the ff: SC Alert: Host System has Reset Probing system devices Probing memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lungsta
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. AIX

Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center

i am new to aix environment and all my servers are @ remote location just curious to know , what issues/tasks we will be facing when there is a power outage in a data centre, i heard outage's will be a challenging task for administrators.. any example of that sort will be a great help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rigin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure rate of a node / Data center

Hi, Please, i have a history of the state of each node in my data center. an history about the failure of my cluster (UN: node up, DN: node down). Here is some lines of the history: 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.1 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.2 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.3 08:53:50 DN 127.0.0.1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :)

Three days ago we received an expected notice from our long time data center that they were going dark on Sept 12th. About one and a half hours ago, after three days of marathon work, I just cut over the unix.com to a new data center with a completely new OS and Ubuntu distribution. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
LTPDRIVER(1)							  LTP executables						      LTPDRIVER(1)

NAME
ltpdriver - LTP transmission test program SYNOPSIS
ltpdriver remoteEngineNbr clientId nbrOfCycles greenLength [ totalLength] DESCRIPTION
ltpdriver uses LTP to send nbrOfCycles service data units of length indicated by totalLength, of which the trailing greenLength bytes are sent unreliably, to the ltpcounter client service process for client service number clientId attached to the remote LTP engine identified by remoteEngineNbr. If omitted, length defaults to 60000. If length is 1, the sizes of the transmitted service data units will be randomly selected multiples of 1024 in the range 1024 to 62464. Whenever the size of the transmitted service data unit is less than or equal to greenLength, the entire SDU is sent unreliably. When all copies of the file have been sent, ltpdriver prints a performance report. EXIT STATUS
0 ltpdriver has terminated. Any problems encountered during operation will be noted in the ion.log log file. 1 ltpdriver was unable to start, because it could not attach to the LTP protocol on the local node. Run ltpadmin to start LTP, then try again. FILES
The service data units transmitted by ltpdriver are sequences of text obtained from a file in the current working directory named "ltpdriverAduFile", which ltpdriver creates automatically. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostic messages produced by ltpdriver are written to the ION log file ion.log. ltpdriver can't initialize LTP. ltpadmin has not yet initialized LTP protocol operations. Can't create ADU file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Error writing to ADU file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. ltpdriver can't create file ref. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. ltpdriver can't create ZCO. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. ltpdriver can't send message. LTP span to the remote engine has been stopped. ltp_send failed. LTP system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
ltpadmin(1), ltpcounter(1), ltp(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 LTPDRIVER(1)