Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk script Equivalent .
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk script Equivalent . Post 303040462 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 29th of October 2019 11:47:40 PM
Old 10-30-2019
I corrected and formatted your code to give you an idea how it could be formatted:
Code:
BEGIN {
  FS=","
}

{
  if ($1 == "ADD") {
    for (a=2; a <= NF; a++)
      b += $a
  }
  else if ($1 == "SUB") {
    for (a=2; a <= NF; a++)
      b -= $a
  }
}

END {
  printf ("The Sum is: %s\n", b)
}

You would need to call it like this:
Code:
awk -f awkscript infile

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 10-30-2019 at 12:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk equivalent script

Hi All, I need a script that prints a blank line after finding that the next lines first field doesn't match the current lines first field. I really want to do this in awk to improve my own knowledge but the best I can come up with is a bash script. I'd finally like to understand how awk... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script equivalent for tcl function

Hello, I need experts help in converting the below tcl function to korn shell function equivalent. proc lsNetMaskToBits {mask} { set dw ; # Top N bits set set dw 0x ; # Make sure it's hexadecimal, else XOR fails. puts "lsNetMaskToBits dw $dw" set dw ; # Complement => low 32-N bits... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JackMelson
1 Replies

3. Linux

Need SCP script equivalent to FTP script .

Hi, Currently i'm using the folllowing FTP acript and its working. echo "open $server" > ftp_file echo "user $user $password" >> ftp_file echo "cd $remote_dir" >> ftp_file echo "lcd $local_dir" >> ftp_file echo "put $file">> ftp_file echo "bye" >> ftp_file ftp -nv < ftp_file I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script equivalent KSH script?

I always find BASH easier than ksh. At my home, i have written this bash script. I am finding it hard to write its equivalent in ksh, any suggestions? ###################################### #return seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTC' (a GNU extension)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

awk to findstr equivalent

Hi, I 'd like to translate this command from awk to findstr on Windows DOS FILE: str1 server1 a str1 server2 a str2 server1 b str2 server2 b Awk command: awk ' $1 ~/str1/ { print $2, $3 } ' file.txt OUTPUT: server1 a server2 a Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phamp008
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk equivalent of regex

Hi all, Can someone tell me what's the (g)awk equal of this simple regex to find ip addresses in urls: egrep "^http://{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}(:{1,5})?/"Input: http://10.0.0.1/query.exe http://11y10x09w:80/howaboutme http://192.168.100.190:1234/takeme.gpg Output:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the equivalent of NR (awk) in perl?

Hello, I searched online; it seems that perl use $NR as NR in awk; however it does not work for me. For example, how to re-write the following awk using perl: awk '{ print NR}' inputfile---------- Post updated at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:49 PM ---------- I found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk equivalent code in C for printing NF

Hi all ! whether anyone in forum knows what awk will use while printing number of fields in file(NF) ? for example awk END'{print NF}' file prints number of columns in file if anyone knows equivalent code in C kindly share or explain logic behind it (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java - Arrays.binarySearch function equivalent in awk

Hi all Does anyone know Java-Arrays.binarySearch function equivalent in awk I tried like this but it's not correct one,it just returns array index if and only when searched value available in array, for some reason if searched value not found then I want to return upper nearest neighbour index.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Equivalent for awk/grep

Any equivalent command using awk or grep? sed -n "/^$(date --date='10 minutes ago' '+%b %_d %H:%M')/,\$p" /abc.log (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)