Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers TCL script to insert some text on a file Post 303040433 by kshitij on Tuesday 29th of October 2019 06:38:51 AM
Old 10-29-2019
TCL script to insert some text on a file

Hi All ,

I am looking to create one TCL script to insert one text based on some regular expression match on one file as stated below

Input File
Code:
module (mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2 , 
ran1 , ran2 , tri2 , tri8 , fly1 , fly2 , san2 );

output ran1 , ran2 , tri2 , tri8 , fly1 , fly2 , san2;
input mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2;
wire mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2;

endmodule

I have to insert below stated text to the above input file
bist_m_p::mst_in_m_ram_t bist_in
bist_sm_p::bist_out_m_sram_t bist_out

The output file should look like this

Output file

Code:
module (mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2 , 
ran1 , ran2 , tri2 , tri8 , fly1 , fly2 , san2,bist_m_p::mst_in_m_ram_t  bist_in ,bist_sm_p::bist_out_m_sram_t bist_out );

output ran1 , ran2 , tri2 , tri8 , fly1 , fly2 , san2;bist_m_p::mst_in_m_ram_t  bist_in;
input mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2;bist_sm_p::bist_out_m_sram_t bist_out;
wire mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2;

endmodule

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to insert text in file

I'm in a time crunch here and I don't know how to write scripts. I have a file of data that looks like the following: 1 7.652073E+00 0.000000E+00 7.146691E+02 1.704154E+01 2 7.652068E+00 6.031387E+00 7.146636E+02 2.499305E+01 3 7.645906E+00 1.509455E+01 7.144158E+02 1.822061E+02 4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk218703
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Text On file

Hi All, Can someone pls help me to insert some text on a file. my file contains something like below.. AKBULBU, BALUMIL, BATCH,BATCH BOARROB, BOTAKAT, C57896, CAKIOZE, CHECMER, CICOFRA, CISZPAW,2194485 I want output as USER_ID, LOGIN_ID (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to insert text from one file to other file

Hello Team, I need help in preparing script which will insert text from one file to other file. I have requirement to prepare script which will insert data from one file to another file. I have tried using sed and awk command but it is not useful to me as it does not append data in the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
12 Replies

6. Programming

Parsing a text file in Tcl

Hi all, I need to parse through a text file searching for a specific string, then after I find this string read in remaining data off the line to a variable. I've tried various things and can't seem to get any to work. Any help would be much appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caboose57
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to insert text after Tag

Hello, I'm doing an Shell Script to insert a text on XML file, i tried sed, awk, perl... i'm doing something wrong, please help me :) well, the script is a bit large, i get some infos on script before 'run' this part to insert the text on XML... domobile() { let i++ echo ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tassomanoel
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert text into a file using shell script

Hi, I need to insert "Hello World" text into a file called hai.txt using shell scripting. Kindly help me. For eg: If I open the file hai.txt by giving linux command cat hai.txt, the content of the file should have the text Hello World in it. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text within a file?

Hi, I am trying to check for missing dates in a file and would want to insert the missing date into the file. Currently the script is as below #!/bin/ksh dates="dates" cat ${dates} | grep -v "^#" curr_month=`date '+%m` curr_day=`date '+%d` curr_year=`date '+%Y` #curr_month=02... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)