Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands Post 303040425 by gull04 on Tuesday 29th of October 2019 03:43:51 AM
Old 10-29-2019
Hi,

I'm going to make an assumption here that you want the actual host to auto boot, not the Service Processor to automatiaclly start the console to the host.

To set the host to auto boot from the ILOM you need to run the command;

Code:
-> set /HOST/bootmode script=”¯setenv auto-boot? true”¯
-> reset /SYS
-> start /HOST/console

You should then be able to watch the host boot to the login banner and login as normal.

Regards

Gull04

Last edited by gull04; 10-29-2019 at 05:05 AM.. Reason: Early Morning Typo's
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

An Auto-Login "ftp" Script

We are running SCO Unix under Unixware 2.1.3 (really old!). I would appreciate if someone could show me the code of a script to automatically "ftp" one or more files to another SCO Unix computer on the nightly basis, then gracefully termninate the ftp session. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

catalina.sh : need combination from "start" and "run"

heya, can someone help me with following problem. i am not sure how far you know the catalina.sh script from tomcat. when i start my tomcat with "catalina.sh run" then the startup-process-output will be printed out on the console, but the tomcat process is started in current shell/session, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filly
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract delta records using with "comm" and "sort" commands combination

Hi All, I have 2 pipe delimited files viz., file_old and file_new. I'm trying to compare these 2 files, and extract all the different rows between them into a new_file. comm -3 < sort file_old < sort file_new > new_file I am getting the below error: -ksh: sort: cannot open But if I do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can't boot RHEL7.2 due to "Start Job is Running"

Dear community, as already done tons of times, I prepare the RedHat installation on VMWare, then clone it with clonezilla, and finally restore it on final server. Due to different hrdware, I have to boot from rhel-server-7.4-x86_64-boot.iso cd and rewrite the initramfs that contains the hardware... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Copy files between partitions with "without auto-mount" option enabled - possible?

Hello, fellow Unixers and Macers, I'll run several OS X versions each on its own dedicated partition. Partitions won't be seeing each other (by editing fstab). Question: will I be able to copy files between those partitions? Partition #1: Mavericks. Partition #2: HighSierra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
AUTOFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AUTOFS(8)

NAME
/etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|restart|reload|status DESCRIPTION
autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot time with the start parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The autofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administra- tor to shut down, restart or reload the automounters. OPERATION
autofs will consult a configuration file /etc/auto.master (see auto.master(5)) by default to find mount points on the system. For each of those mount points automount(8) will mount and start a thread, with the appropriate parameters, to manage the mount point. /etc/init.d/autofs reload will check the current auto.master map against running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries. If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately. If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun to activate the changes. /etc/init.d/autofs status will display the status of, automount(8) ,running or not. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5). autofs_ldap_auth.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debi GNU/Linux system. Edited by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@trans- meta.com>. 9 Sep 1997 AUTOFS(8)