Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands Post 303040420 by z_haseeb on Tuesday 29th of October 2019 01:23:17 AM
Old 10-29-2019
Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

An Auto-Login "ftp" Script

We are running SCO Unix under Unixware 2.1.3 (really old!). I would appreciate if someone could show me the code of a script to automatically "ftp" one or more files to another SCO Unix computer on the nightly basis, then gracefully termninate the ftp session. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

catalina.sh : need combination from "start" and "run"

heya, can someone help me with following problem. i am not sure how far you know the catalina.sh script from tomcat. when i start my tomcat with "catalina.sh run" then the startup-process-output will be printed out on the console, but the tomcat process is started in current shell/session, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filly
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract delta records using with "comm" and "sort" commands combination

Hi All, I have 2 pipe delimited files viz., file_old and file_new. I'm trying to compare these 2 files, and extract all the different rows between them into a new_file. comm -3 < sort file_old < sort file_new > new_file I am getting the below error: -ksh: sort: cannot open But if I do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can't boot RHEL7.2 due to "Start Job is Running"

Dear community, as already done tons of times, I prepare the RedHat installation on VMWare, then clone it with clonezilla, and finally restore it on final server. Due to different hrdware, I have to boot from rhel-server-7.4-x86_64-boot.iso cd and rewrite the initramfs that contains the hardware... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Copy files between partitions with "without auto-mount" option enabled - possible?

Hello, fellow Unixers and Macers, I'll run several OS X versions each on its own dedicated partition. Partitions won't be seeing each other (by editing fstab). Question: will I be able to copy files between those partitions? Partition #1: Mavericks. Partition #2: HighSierra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
DNTASK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DNTASK(1)

NAME
dntask - Execute VMS command procedures SYNOPSIS
dntask [options] command-procedure Options: [-biVh] [-t timeout] DESCRIPTION
dntask runs command procedures on a remote VMS system. It takes advantage of the ability of the TASK object in DECnet to execute an arbitrary command procedure located in the users' login direc- tory. The remote command procedure should output to SYS$NET rather than SYS$OUTPUT and (if interactive) read it's input also from SYS$NET. The VMS equivalent of the (non-interactive version) command would be TYPE node::"TASK=command-procedure" For some example command procedures see the tasks directory of the source distribution. show_system.com is a non-interactive task that simply displays the output of the VMS "SHOW SYSTEM" command on standard output. interactive.com is an interactive task that allows you to enter DCL commands to be executed on the host VMS system. Be careful which commands you enter because they will expect input to come from the network connection, for instance programs that do screen orientated input or output will almost certainly not work. Task names can be up to 16 characters in length because that's the limit on DECnet object names. OPTIONS
-b Send the output in binary mode. By default the output from the DECnet task is assumed to be records. This option sends the data "as is" so you can put commands like BACKUP in the task and backup to your Linux box. -i Interact with the command procedure. The command procedure must be written to be interactive by reading from and writing to SYS$NET. Specifying -i for a non-interactive command procedure will cause dntask to time-out waiting for input. Not specifying -i for an interactive command procedure will cause it to exit prematurely at the VMS end. -t timeout Specifies the timeout in seconds for interactive command procedures. If no input has been received from either standard input or the VMS end in this time then dntask will exit. The default is 60 seconds. If the value 0 is given then dntask will wait forever (or until you kill it). -T connect timeout Specifies the maximum amount of time the command will wait to establish a connection with the remote node. a 0 here will cause it to wait forever. The default is 60 seconds -h -? Displays help for using the command. -V Show the version of the tools package that dntask comes from. NOTES
The command procedure that you write MUST ALWAYS write something to SYS$NET or you will get a "connection refused" message. This is a limi- tation with DECnet objects. eg. If you write a task to start a remote DECterm it would look something like this: $ remnode=f$element(0, ":", "''f$trnlnm("sys$rem_node")'") $ set display/create/node='remnode' $ create/term/detach $ def/nolog sys$output sys$net $ write sys$output "DECterm started on ''remnode'" $ exit The "write" command near the end is essential. EXAMPLES
dntask 'myvax::show_system' dndir -i 'tramp"christine pjc123"::interactive' dndir -i 'tramp"christine -"::interactive' Specifying "-" in the password field will prompt for the password. SEE ALSO
dntype(1), dndir(1), dncopy(1), dndel(1) DECnet utilities September 25 1998 DNTASK(1)