Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Openldap: getting error as ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49) Post 303040417 by Bibhusisa on Monday 28th of October 2019 10:29:41 PM
Old 10-28-2019
Hi Neo,
whatever password i have set it up during SLAPPASSWD same password i have given on olcRootPW in ldapmanager.ldif . but i was trying to do add the ldapbase at that time it was asking for ldap password and when i was trying to give the same password its not taking .please find the below details

Code:
[root@******** openldap]# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh" -W -H ldapi:// -f ldapbase.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

[root@******** openldap]# cat ldapbase.ldif
dn: dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
changetype: add
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
dc: bigdata
o: bigdata

dn: ou=Services,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Services

dn: uid=cloudera-service,ou=Services,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
cn: Cloudera service account
sn: Cloudera service account
uid: cloudera-service
userPassword: Y2xvdWRlcmE=

dn: ou=Kerberos,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
changetype: add
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Kerberos Realms
ou: Kerberos

dn: cn=kdc-service,ou=Services,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
cn: kdc-service
sn: KDC Service
userPassword: {SSHA}twkthDCFWL/KNzcIWpxb6OjLlw6+RoVI

dn: cn=adm-service,ou=Services,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
cn: adm-service
sn: KDC Adm Service
userPassword: {SSHA}twkthDCFWL/KNzcIWpxb6OjLlw6+RoVI

dn: ou=Users,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Users

LDAPSEARCH also not working getting the same error
[root@******** ~]# ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh" -W -H ldapi://  -b dc=np,dc=bigdata,dc=eqh
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Last edited by Neo; 10-28-2019 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: Code Tags Please See YT Video on this: https://youtu.be/4BuPvWJV__k

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ldap : Invalid credentials

Hi All, :) I have configure openldap but when I test this its show me a massage that "Invalid Creedientials". I search for the slove at Google, Yahoo but I did not find any solution. Plz help me. :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudipta Biswas
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

01.30 Invalid shell error

Hi, I am getting the error 01.30 Invalid shell error I am running the bash shell script in the korn login shell. I have mentioned the #!/bin/bash statement in the my script but not sure why it is giving this error to me.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the invalid records to error file

HI, I have a source file which has the below data. Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd: ERROR: invalid syntax

Hello - I have the below script syncToken=None;\ forceDeleteUserHome=true;\ nisPwdDir=/etc;\ mirrorFilesLocation=/etc/connector_mirror_files;\ removeHomeDirContents=true;\ shadow=false;\ connectorPrompt=#;\ nisBuildDirectory=/var/yp;\ PGROUP=nogroup;\ COMMENTS='Comments\\ with\\... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
2 Replies

5. Linux

Error YUM after removing openldap

Dear all, I am working on Centos 6 (2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64). After removing openldap (openldap-2.4.19-15.el6.x86_64), i can not perform command yum (or /usr/bin/yum). *Here is error: # yum search anypackage There was a problem importing one of the Python modules required to run yum.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

ERROR[55]: Invalid or inaccessible system ID

Hi all, I was changing a motherboard which has the MP console down on an rx4640. I am receiving the following error: ERROR: Invalid or inaccessible system ID(s) then it takes me to the EFI where it doesn't boot from the primary path. I contacted a colleague who already replaced two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MazenH
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error: invalid reference

Hello all, I am using sed to parse a particular part of a string and am having problems. I am getting the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 28: invalid reference \1 on `s' command's RHS Here is the code I am using: echo "Alarm SET:" echo "" echo "Date: " $DATE echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundwall
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

OpenLDAP Server Configuration error

I followed the guide from the below link to set up a ldap server. After everything is finished, I configured a client for ldap authentication and I can search the entries in ldap using the command ldapsearch -x ZZ but when I am trying to login to the client using a ldap user, the prompt just keeps... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid null command error

Hi, I have this script which gives me output as Invalid null command set recent_file=`grep '^-.*xlsx$' $FTP_LOG |\ sed -e 's/Jan/1/g' \ -e 's/Feb/2/g' \ -e 's/Mar/3/g' \ -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
6 Replies

10. Programming

C++ Linking Error: invalid DSO for symbol

I am on a FreeBSD system trying to build a piece of software that I wrote. I had built it in the past but recently reinstalled FreeBSD. I am not sure what is going on. The software depends on and wxgtk2.8. Using g++: $ make g++ -c `wx-config --cxxflags`... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
9 Replies
SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)						File Formats Manual						 SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)

NAME
slapo-auditlog - Audit Logging overlay to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf /etc/ldap/slapd.d DESCRIPTION
The Audit Logging overlay can be used to record all changes on a given backend database to a specified log file. Changes are logged as standard LDIF, with an additional comment header giving the timestamp of the change and the identity of the user making the change. For Add and Modify operations the identity comes from the modifiersName associated with the operation. This is usually the same as the requestor's identity, but may be set by other overlays to reflect other values. CONFIGURATION
This slapd.conf option applies to the Audit Logging overlay. It should appear after the overlay directive. auditlog <filename> Specify the fully qualified path for the log file. olcAuditlogFile <filename> For use with cn=config EXAMPLE
The following LDIF could be used to add this overlay to cn=config (adjust to suit) dn: olcOverlay=auditlog,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config changetype: add objectClass: olcOverlayConfig objectClass: olcAuditLogConfig olcOverlay: auditlog olcAuditlogFile: /tmp/auditlog.ldif FILES
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file /etc/ldap/slapd.d default slapd configuration directory SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5). OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)