Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com Post 303040385 by Neo on Monday 28th of October 2019 09:10:02 AM
Old 10-28-2019
Update:

Code:
mysql> select count(*) from neo_open_trivia;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|      154 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Note: Since I am well past my initial goal of reverse engineering the Open Trivia DB, creating a new DB, creating a basic PHP API, creating a feature to add new entries to the DB, and have added over 150 computer science related trivia entries in the DB, I will stop posting in this thread soon and start a new phase for this project sooner than later.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mathematics operations in unix

Hello guys! Can say me anybody about operatios with unix, I don't to make operations, only inside in a variable, like this #y=4 #x=2 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 2 but I can't to make mathematical operations with decimal like this #y=3.2 #x=1.5 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 3 this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesar720213
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which is the best way/command to do mathematics in UNIX scripting?

Hello all! I used to use expr for doing simple mathematics, but has a main advantage and a main disadvantage: The advantage is that it can take variables for numbers (e.g.{1}: echo "Give me first" read lol echo "Give other" read lil sum=`expr $lol + $lil` echo "The sum of $lol and $lil =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Science and Information Technology

Hi, I haven't posted on the forums for a while now, I tried to find the most appropriate section for this post, but if this is in the wrong section please forgive me. First, let me say I'm a sophomore in HS. I know that job wise I definitely want to do something in computers. A while ago I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
5 Replies

4. Programming

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer science.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Member and Country Computer Trivia Leaderboards

Thanks to Akshay, who helped me write the core MySQL queries, we now have two new draft leaderboards, by (1) member and by (2) country: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php Currently milhan leads the members with a high score of 90%: ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature

Only a few days after I coded this new feature from scratch, we are seeing over 3000 entries in the database from members (mostly guests) playing CS trivia. I have spend a lot of time coding this (from scratch) and testing the API. From the logs, it seems to have an API bug which appears... (31 Replies)
31 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
elf_getphdr(3E) 														   elf_getphdr(3E)

NAME
elf32_getphdr, elf32_newphdr, elf64_getphdr, elf64_newphdr - retrieve class-dependent program header table for elf32 and elf64 files, respectively SYNOPSIS
[flag... ] file... [library] ... DESCRIPTION
For a 32-bit class file, returns a pointer to the program execution header table, if one is available for the ELF descriptor elf. allocates a new table with count entries, regardless of whether one existed previously, and sets the bit for the table (see elf_flag(3E)). Specifying a zero count deletes an existing table. Note this behavior differs from that of (see elf_getehdr(3E)), allowing a program to replace or delete the program header table, changing its size if necessary. If no program header table exists, the file is not a 32-bit class file, an error occurs, or elf is null, both functions return a null pointer. Additionally, returns a null pointer if count is zero. The table is an array of structures, each of which includes the following members. The ELF header's member tells how many entries the program header table has (see elf_getehdr(3E)). A program may inspect this value to determine the size of an existing table; automatically sets the member's value to count. If the program is building a new file, it is responsible for creating the file's ELF header before creating the program header table. For a 64-bit class file, returns a pointer to the program execution header table, if one is available for the ELF descriptor elf. allocates a new table with count entries, regardless of whether one existed previously, and sets the bit for the table (see Specifying a zero count deletes an existing table. Note this behavior differs from that of (see elf_getehdr(3E)), allowing a program to replace or delete the program header table, changing its size if necessary. If no program header table exists, the file is not a 64-bit class file, an error occurs, or elf is null, both functions return a null pointer. Additionally, returns a null pointer if count is zero. The table is an array of structures, each of which includes the following members. The ELF header's e_phnum member tells how many entries the program header table has (see elf_getehdr(3E)). A program may inspect this value to determine the size of an existing table; automatically sets the member's value to count. If the program is building a new file, it is responsible for creating the file's ELF header before creating the program header table. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_flag(3E), elf_getehdr(3E). elf_getphdr(3E)